Is This Cat Really Bigger Than a Six-Year-Old Boy?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Katy, a five-year-old Siamese from the town of Asbest in the Ural mountains, weighs in at 23 kilograms (50 pounds) - slightly more than the average six-year-old boy. Her child, Spanky, weighs about 20 lbs himself, but had a catnip addict for a mother. Katy is scared of the 23-pound cat, but would like to move up to the 20-pound cat category. PETA has been notified of this situation.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Katy, a five-year-old Siamese from the town of Asbest in the Ural mountains, weighs in at 23 kilograms (50 pounds) - slightly more than the average six-year-old boy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2787627.stm

Physics news on Phys.org
That's a big cat alright. I found another;

http://image.photoloft.com/opx-bin/OpxFIDISA.dll?s=cano&src=/Photoloft/Asset21/2003/09/05/11031/11031283_0_5390.fpx,0,0,1,1,181,256,FFFFFF [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a cat that weighed just over 30lbs, and was the size of a small dog. 50lbs, I'd be afraid of that thing.

His child, Spanky, weighs about 20 lbs himself, but had a catnip addict for a mother.

I'll settle for the 12 lb. category...:wink:
(And I actually used to think he's fat ! )

I tried to fix that link in case no one saw the image.

That poor cat. These people should be in jail for animal abuse.

Originally posted by BoulderHead
I tried to fix that link in case no one saw the image.

That's the second biggest cat I've ever seen!

heh my good friend has a cat of about 18 lbs. And at 18 lbs, it is pretty immobile. When it lays down, the fat rolls out from its sides like a carpet. lol.

lol i love in the statistics when it says

"food consumption: 1.3 frankfurters per minute."

Originally posted by Galatea
That poor cat. These people should be in jail for animal abuse.

I concur.

I sent an email to PETA about it, hoping maybe they would know of an organization who could help this cat. What these people are doing is absolutely cruel and the cat is suffering tremendously. Not only is she *extremely* overweight, but they also have her on hormones? What the f*ck? Anyhow, if this bothers any of you as much as it bothers me, please feel free to email PETA about it at: info@peta.org

Thanks.

Well, just so no one tries to take me to court, my cats I was reffering to were mixed with a wild cat, which was huge. The larger one actually put the smackdown a dog trespassing in our yard once, so it was no slouch.

I agree on the note about people feeding there cats so they can barely move, it is gross, to say the least.

1. What is the "50 Lb Cat: BBC" documentary about?

The "50 Lb Cat: BBC" documentary is about a domestic cat named Princess, who weighs a staggering 50 pounds and is considered to be one of the heaviest cats in the world.

2. What makes Princess so heavy?

Princess' weight is mainly attributed to her sedentary lifestyle and overeating. She also has a genetic predisposition to obesity, as her mother and siblings are also overweight.

3. Is Princess' weight dangerous to her health?

Yes, Princess' weight puts her at risk for various health issues such as joint problems, diabetes, and heart disease. She also has difficulty moving and grooming herself due to her size.

4. Who is featured in the "50 Lb Cat: BBC" documentary?

The documentary features Princess' owner, a veterinarian, and experts on feline obesity. It also includes interviews with other owners of overweight cats and their struggles with their pet's weight.

5. What is the message behind the "50 Lb Cat: BBC" documentary?

The documentary aims to raise awareness about the dangers of pet obesity and educate pet owners on how to properly care for their cats in order to prevent them from becoming overweight. It also highlights the importance of regular exercise and a balanced diet for cats.