Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

50 to 100 years from now

1. Aug 10, 2008 #1
    What do you think will happen in that span of time? Will we find some wonderful discoveries or will we come across a global war over resources?

Time to get your eight ball out...

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2008 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Try again later.

4. Aug 10, 2008 #3
    if I can't read mine anymore (so faded), what kind of an answer is that?

5. Aug 10, 2008 #4
    Maybe

6. Aug 10, 2008 #5
    I'll probably be dead by then.

7. Aug 10, 2008 #6
    I'll bet you a million dollars you won't be.

8. Aug 10, 2008 #7
    100 years from now:

There is no more war, no more hunger, no more pain and suffering, no enslavement of the poor for the interests of the rich, there is no murder and all the world's jails are empty, no cruel treatment of animals.

Most of everything is extinct.

Bacteria and extremophiles rejoice.

:rofl:

9. Aug 10, 2008 #8

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In the year 2525 ...

10. Aug 10, 2008 #9
    Seriously though, what do you see in the painting of what our future may look like? Is it good or bad?

Would you depict the movie Children of Men as an interesting take on the future? In that in the future, there will be 'green zones'?

11. Aug 12, 2008 #10
    The future is going to be fine. Global warming will get worse, but before it becomes catastrophic we will buckle down and get it under control. I don't think you could find a generation who didn't think the next generation was going to ruin everything. Humans have a way of adapting, I think things will probably get a little bit tougher for people here in America, but only to the point where we join the rest of the world and quit having it so easy.

12. Aug 12, 2008 #11

wolram

Gold Member

:biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?