Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

502 error

1. Dec 17, 2012 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2012 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Was this around 7am GMT? If so, this is (used to be?) when the backup took place, which often returned errors for a few minutes.

4. Dec 17, 2012 #3
    0800 GMT, however I have not seen it since.

I just thought the link might be useful to someone in case it has to do with the server changes and I would post it whilst I could, just in case.

The only thing that has improved(!?!) in the UK internet recently is the hype.

everything else has gone downhill.

I've been seeing some temporary (10 - 30 seconds) freezing at PF in the last few days, but only on Windows7, not XP.
    I'm not sure if this is to do with the server change or the bumper Christmas updates to windows and IE from Microsoft.

Anyway, thanks for the interest, I'm hoping it will go away if I ignore it, like most things.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  5. Dec 17, 2012 #4
    Thanks for the notification. Please keep reporting such errors and recording when they happen and for how long.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook