MagicCube5D: A Challenge for Only 3 People

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Challenge
In summary: Very time consuming. Actually once you can do a 3x3x3 and a 4x4x4, there are no more moves to learn to solve rubik cubes, although there are some optional optimizations. The only "new" squares on the 5x5x5 are the just off center squares that are vertical and horizontal to the center square, but you can use the same moves on these as the center squares on the 4x4x4, which are the just off center corner squares on the 5x5x5. After this, there are no more "new squares", everything is pretty much independent of each other so it's like solving 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 squares in parallel.
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't even read it. The stupid part is that they're trying to embed the visulaization into 3D, then project it onto a 2D screen. :confused: What we need is a 5D screen, perhaps wired directly to the visual cortex (I think that's what it's called).

Are you out of your ****ing mind?! I can't even do the original. :grumpy:

Danger said:
It did say only 3 people solved it.

Danger said:

You've never solved the original rubik's cube?? You better get to work.:approve:

and I though Rubiks revenge (4x4x4) or the professor's cube (5x5x5) were tought enough.

rubik01.jpg

Last edited:
Omega_6 said:
You've never solved the original rubik's cube?? You better get to work.:approve:
I've got a damned book that shows me how, and it still takes 15 minutes. :grumpy: :grumpy:

lol, I've tried following web instructions to solving it...get about halfway done and screw/give up due to it being too hard!

Can you believe it, on the web there was someone who solved a
20*20*20 (with video proof)!

arunbg said:
Can you believe it, on the web there was someone who solved a 20*20*20 (with video proof)!

Link to the page with the video:

http://www.speedcubing.com/chris

Very time consuming. Actually once you can do a 3x3x3 and a 4x4x4, there are no more moves to learn to solve rubik cubes, although there are some optional optimizations. The only "new" squares on the 5x5x5 are the just off center squares that are vertical and horizontal to the center square, but you can use the same moves on these as the center squares on the 4x4x4, which are the just off center corner squares on the 5x5x5. After this, there are no more "new squares", everything is pretty much independent of each other so it's like solving 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 squares in parallel.

There are a few programs out there now that let you work with virtual n x n x n cubes. I got one years ago call wrubik for Windows 3.1. The newer programs can solve as well as let you try out various sized virtual cubes.

There was a short period of time when they re-started making new 3x3x3 Rubik's cubes, so there's a few of these still around, but you'll have to good search to find a 4x4x4 Rubik's revenge, and I don't know if there are any 5x5x5 Professor's Cubes left. The 5x5x5 cubes were awkward to turn and the orange stickers kept coming off (I re-glued them with better glue to fix this). Usually the places that sell the larger cubes are asking people for broken ones to create fixed ones from (the center squares on the 4x4x4 broke easily).

Last edited:
Yeah... I messed with the 4d cube before, and I was able to solve it as long as I only turned it with the center pieces. I solved the 2x2 3x3 4x4 and 5x5 all faster then anyone in my school... and yet this cube... holy ****.

1. What is MagicCube5D?

MagicCube5D is a mathematical puzzle game that challenges players to solve a 5-dimensional Rubik's cube-like puzzle. It is a more complex and challenging version of the traditional 3-dimensional Rubik's cube.

2. How do you play MagicCube5D?

The goal of MagicCube5D is to align all 12 faces of the 5-dimensional cube so that each face has the same color. Players can rotate the cube in 5 dimensions using the arrow keys on the keyboard. The game also has a tutorial mode to help players understand the rules and gameplay.

3. How many people can play MagicCube5D?

As the name suggests, MagicCube5D is designed to be a challenge for only 3 people. This means that only 3 people in the world have successfully solved the game without using any computer algorithms or external help.

4. What makes MagicCube5D so difficult?

The complexity of the game increases exponentially with each additional dimension, making it significantly harder than the traditional 3-dimensional Rubik's cube. The number of possible combinations in a 5-dimensional cube is almost incomprehensible, making it extremely challenging for even the most skilled puzzle solvers.

5. Is MagicCube5D beneficial for the brain?

Yes, playing MagicCube5D can be beneficial for the brain as it requires logical thinking, spatial awareness, and problem-solving skills. It can also improve memory and hand-eye coordination. However, it is important to take breaks and not overdo it as prolonged periods of intense concentration can cause mental fatigue.