6.8GHz cpu and more quantum-optical laptop?

In summary, the article claims that a 6.8GHz cpu and more quantum-optical laptop are going to be unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in January. Additionally, the article claims that this technology does not exist and that the 1TB of RAM mentioned is not possible.
cefarix
6.8GHz cpu and more quantum-optical laptop??!

6.8GHz CPU w/ 256MB onboard memory
2TB HD space
1TB RAM
8 hours battery life
by AtomChip Corp set to be unveiled at January's Consumer Electronics Show.
http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page4.html
and
http://www.theregister.com/2005/09/07/atom_chip_miracle_machine/

Is this too good to be true? Is it even possible?! :bugeye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
It's a hoax. The dead giveaway is that Windows XP doesn't even support 1TB of RAM. The 64bit version can only address 16GB of RAM.

"East-West Euro Intellect" gold metal doesn't even seem to exist.

Do we even have need for 1TB of memory?

Depends on who "we" is suppose to be.

1TB of RAM? Be nice to turn most of that into a virtual HD, then we'd be talkin...

They have systems out that replace hard drives with hardwired RAM-like drives. Like, $15,000... but its pretty nice :D

even if its a fake, is it a possible to make something like it?
i have this idea for example of making a device that could solve mathematical problems thru interference or other effects using laser light. it would be connected to a regular digital computer which would control it and possibly dampen out the effects of statistical errors if they could happen.
so, is that possible? just an interesting thought...

Yah there's a huge deal of research going on in quantum computing :D

There is no Windows XP Server 2002.

haha yah! I was thinking "wait... isn't it 2003?"

And what the hell is a "World Genius"

I saw this thing on the net from a post on slashdot and I was thinking to myself, something like this is coming soon and it hasn't gotten a lot of media attention. I really wish that it existed though.

1. What is a 6.8GHz CPU and how does it differ from regular CPUs?

A 6.8GHz CPU is a central processing unit that operates at a clock speed of 6.8 billion cycles per second. This is significantly faster than the average CPU, which usually operates at around 3GHz. The higher clock speed allows for faster processing and improved performance.

2. What is a quantum-optical laptop and how does it work?

A quantum-optical laptop is a type of laptop that uses quantum computing technology to perform calculations. Unlike traditional computers that use binary bits (0s and 1s) to store and process information, quantum computers use quantum bits (qubits) which can exist in multiple states simultaneously. This allows for faster and more efficient processing of complex calculations.

3. What are the potential benefits of a 6.8GHz CPU and quantum-optical laptop?

The main benefit of a 6.8GHz CPU is its speed, which allows for faster processing and improved performance. A quantum-optical laptop also offers increased processing power, as well as the potential for solving complex problems and simulations much faster than traditional computers.

4. Are there any drawbacks to using a 6.8GHz CPU and quantum-optical laptop?

One potential drawback of a 6.8GHz CPU is that it may consume more power and generate more heat than lower clock speed CPUs. This can lead to increased energy consumption and the need for more advanced cooling systems. As for quantum-optical laptops, they are currently still in the early stages of development and may not be as readily available or affordable as traditional laptops.

5. When can we expect 6.8GHz CPUs and quantum-optical laptops to become widely available?

It is difficult to predict an exact timeline for when these technologies will become widely available, as they are still in the early stages of development. However, as advancements continue to be made in the field of quantum computing, we can expect to see more powerful and efficient processors and laptops in the near future.

Back