Modifying My 6800NU: Risky But Worth It!

• Thread starter pat777
  • Start date
In summary, "Modifying My 6800NU" refers to the process of altering a 6800NU graphics card to improve its performance or capabilities. This carries some risk and requires proper research and procedure. The potential benefits include improved performance and customization, but the specific modifications made and whether it is worth it depends on the individual's goals and expertise.
pat777
I modded my 6800NU from 12 pixel pipels/5 vertex shaders to 16 pixel pipelines/6 vertex shaders. It's a bit risky and can pernamantly damage hardware but I took that risk and the mod was sucessful.
I used Rivatuner 2.0 RC 15.2. I may have gotten rid of my warranty but at least my video card is faster. :)

Computer science news on Phys.org
Very Nice, but maybe you might want to look into a better cooler.
vga silencer perhaps.

Congratulations on successfully modding your 6800NU! It takes a lot of courage to take on such a risky task, but it seems like the rewards were worth it for you. It's great to hear that you were able to use Rivatuner to make the necessary changes and that your video card is now faster.

While modifying hardware can be a risky decision, it's also a great opportunity to learn more about your device and push its capabilities to the limit. It's important to make sure you have the necessary knowledge and tools before attempting any modifications, and it seems like you did your research and were well-prepared.

It's understandable that you may have lost your warranty in the process, but the satisfaction of a successful mod can be worth it. Just make sure to continue to take care of your hardware and monitor its performance to ensure it stays in good condition.

Overall, great job on your mod and enjoy the improved performance of your 6800NU!

What is "Modifying My 6800NU"?

"Modifying My 6800NU" refers to the process of altering the hardware or software of a 6800NU graphics card in order to improve its performance or capabilities.

Is it risky to modify my 6800NU?

Yes, modifying any electronic device carries some level of risk. If not done properly, it can damage the device or void any warranties. It is important to research and follow proper procedures when attempting to modify your 6800NU.

What are the potential benefits of modifying my 6800NU?

The potential benefits of modifying your 6800NU include improved performance, increased capabilities, and the ability to customize the device to better suit your needs. However, these benefits may vary depending on the specific modifications made.

What are some common modifications made to the 6800NU?

Some common modifications made to the 6800NU include overclocking the GPU and memory, flashing the BIOS, and replacing the cooling system. However, there are many other modifications that can be done depending on the user's goals and skills.

Is it worth it to modify my 6800NU?

This ultimately depends on your personal goals and level of expertise. If you are knowledgeable about electronics and have a clear understanding of the risks involved, then it may be worth it to modify your 6800NU. However, if you are not confident in your abilities or do not have a specific goal in mind, it may be safer and more cost-effective to purchase a newer graphics card.