Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

6V Baby Toy Car

1. Jan 25, 2016 #1
    Hello,

I have a 6V toy car which my 3 year old son drives. I wanted to add a little something to the car itself.
    I wanted to add an indicator system where he can press a button on a remote (the motherboard of the remote I can place into a real-looking car key) and the indicators (2 LEDs) can turn on and start flashing.

I basically need to learn how to create a circuit with a battery, 2 LEDs and wireless switch (connected to a remote). I also would need to know what to buy and how to bring it all together.

I do not have great knowledge about anything complicated so if it could be kept simple, that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2016 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Not that you asked, but I advise against it.
    You are talking about adding parts to a child's toy that could break off and become a choking hazard.

4. Jan 25, 2016 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Well, the child is 3 years old, so hopefully choking hazards are less of an issue... :smile:

5. Jan 25, 2016 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

I started to google RF Remote Control.... and Google suggested RF Remote Control Light Switch. One of the Google Ads that popped up on the right side of my display was this:

https://www.adafruit.com/products/1392?gclid=COGR4dH1xcoCFQ9afgodPi8B-g

Looks pretty close to what you want to do. :smile:

6. Jan 25, 2016 #5

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

7. Jan 25, 2016 #6
    The link seems fabulous. Thank you very much Berkeman.

He is 3 but also almost 4 and he won't be using it without me. In the worst case scenario, he will be safe throughout. Thank you for the share in concern.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook