Two 7-Segment Display Setup for 0-15 Counter

• Thread starter hazim
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about adding two 7-segment displays for a counter that counts from 0 to 15 using a ripple counter 7493. The conversation also mentions using XOR gates and a truth table to find the solution. However, there is not enough information provided to offer any further help.
hazim
how can i put two 7-segment displays for a counter 0-15? after 9 there are two digits and i have to use a second 7-segment display to display "1" and the first one displays 0,1,2,3,4,5 as the number becomes 10,11,12,13,14,15 where these aren't BCD numbers...any help

Engineering news on Phys.org
Are you designing your own logic, or making something on a breadboard with chips? What kind of chips do you have available? If the data is not in BCD format, is it just plain binary?

You've given us nowhere near enough information for us to be able to help you.

- Warren

it's a ripple counter 7493 counts up/down(using XOR gates)from 0 to 15 ...i drew a truth table and i think i got the solution now

What is a 7-segment display?

A 7-segment display is a type of electronic display device that is commonly used to show numerical digits, as well as some letters and symbols. It is made up of seven individual LED or LCD segments, arranged in the shape of the number 8, with an additional eighth segment for the decimal point.

How do 7-segment displays work?

Each segment in a 7-segment display can be turned on or off individually, allowing for the creation of different numbers and characters. The segments are controlled by an electronic circuit that sends the appropriate signals to each segment, based on the desired output.

What are the common applications of 7-segment displays?

7-segment displays are widely used in electronic devices, such as calculators, digital clocks, and electronic meters. They are also used in signage and displays in public transportation, such as train and bus route numbers.

What are the advantages of using a 7-segment display?

7-segment displays are simple and inexpensive to produce, making them a cost-effective option for displaying numerical data. They also have a low power consumption, making them suitable for battery-powered devices.

What are the limitations of 7-segment displays?

One of the main limitations of 7-segment displays is their limited ability to display characters. They are only capable of displaying numbers, some letters, and a few symbols. Additionally, they have a fixed size and cannot display graphics or images.