Relive the 70s: Share Your Experiences!

• Thread starter Shahil
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a member's observation of a 70s revival on MTV and a request for personal experiences from those who lived through that era. Topics discussed included fashion, music, cars, politics, hang-outs, popular activities, and regional differences. The lack of response was attributed to the release of a new Harry Potter book. One member shared their fashion faux-pas of owning Angel Flight pants and disco shoes in Los Angeles.
Shahil
Hi guys!

It's been a while since I've posted...nice to be back.

I was watching MTV New on MTV Europe a few nights ago and I came across something really odd. Every video that I saw looked like it was straight out of the 70s! From the lenses to the clothing to the cars to the representation of the Communist Chinese govt!

Anyway...I was thinking...I'm sure that a few of you guys fondly remember the 70s (and ealry 80s before the shoulder pads and big hair...) Can you guys share your experiences with us youngsters who are embrassing this fashionable 70s revival without having a clue what exactly happened.

Some ideas on what would be nice to include is fashion, music, cars, politics, hang-outs, what you did for fun, what was cool, what was NOT cool, toys (not only kids stuff) that you used, TV you enjoyed etc. I would really like to know about regoinal similarities and differences. How different was this era for people in say USA and South Africa.

Have fun guys...

Physics news on Phys.org
Seems like you all don't like the 70s! This is the first time that I've ever opened a thread on a Friday and got NO replies on Monday morning! Oh well...

Welcome back! We're bigger and better than ever. :biggrin:

Fear not, everyone is off reading the newest Harry Potter book this weekend.

Ivan Seeking said:
Fear not, everyone is off reading the newest Harry Potter book this weekend.

My sister stole my copy so all I got is PF :biggrin:

Okay, my worst sin against humanity: Angel Flight pants. I even owned a pair of those big dorky disco shoes

It was Los Angeles in the 70's. Its was a brief abberation...I had no choice!

1. What is the purpose of "Relive the 70s: Share Your Experiences!"?

The purpose of "Relive the 70s: Share Your Experiences!" is to gather personal stories and experiences from individuals who lived through the 1970s. This can help preserve and document the cultural and societal changes that occurred during this decade.

2. Who can participate in "Relive the 70s: Share Your Experiences!"?

Anyone who experienced the 1970s is welcome to participate in "Relive the 70s: Share Your Experiences!" This includes individuals who were born during the 1970s and those who were older during this time period.

3. How can I contribute my experiences to "Relive the 70s: Share Your Experiences!"?

You can contribute your experiences by filling out a submission form on the designated website or by emailing your story to the designated email address. Make sure to include your name, age, and any relevant information about your experiences in the 1970s.

4. Will my personal information be shared if I contribute to "Relive the 70s: Share Your Experiences!"?

No, your personal information will not be shared without your consent. Your name and age may be included with your submission, but any other personal information will be kept confidential.

5. What is the goal of "Relive the 70s: Share Your Experiences!"?

The goal of "Relive the 70s: Share Your Experiences!" is to create a collection of personal narratives and memories from individuals who lived through the 1970s. This can help provide insight into the cultural and societal changes of this decade and preserve these experiences for future generations.