1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

8 problems that I can't understand after trying for days and looking examples online

1. Dec 17, 2012 #1
    Hello. We got an assignment of 105 math problems. I solved them all except the ones I wrote on a sheet of paper and took a picture. If anyone can help me with ANY ONE OF THESE, I'll be very grateful. This is a study review and I need to have the solutions so I can study for my tomorrow's test (if I have an example of a problem, I can interpret it then). And it's not that I'm studying the last day, I studied all other problems that I've solved by myself, but these ones I just can't and believe me, I tried to understand them.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2012 #2
    Re: 8 problems that I can't understand after trying for days and looking examples onl

Answer for the first question can be found out by using the formula:
    (x-a)2+(y-b)2=k2
    where (a,b) is the centre of the circle [mid point of the line joining the two points given]
    and k is the radius of the circle [distance between the centre and either of the points given].

You should get the centre to be (1,1).
    The equation will be (x-1)2+(y-1)2=34.

4. Dec 17, 2012 #3

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Re: 8 problems that I can't understand after trying for days and looking examples onl

Please post each as a separate thread and use the template. In particular, you must show your own attempts, or make clear what it is that you do not understand. Stating the relevant equations and principles you are aware of helps responders know what level of knowledge to assume.

5. Dec 17, 2012 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Good post!!

This thread is locked. I hope the OP will follow this advice.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook