1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

8085 idea request

1. Oct 8, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    recently, i was on an assignment to develop a system or product based on 8085 to help handicap people.the assignment include software and hardware interfacing.any idea or suggestion please?i wonder what product can be create to help handicap people.need some direction to start with.

2. Relevant equations

8085,so no equation.:tongue:

3. The attempt at a solution

need some idea to start with.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2009 #2

uart

Science Advisor

I suppose that anything we can think of will probably have been done before, but I don't think that this is a problem since it's just really an exercise.

What about a foot operated controller to replace the function of a computer mouse for people without upper body movement. Perhaps it could have two modes, like mouse mode or joystick mode for cases where mouse style movement is limited. In joystick mode you could have some nice variable sensitivity to allow fine positioning which would at least give it some non trivial software aspects. Also you could use a standard serial interface to make the "hardware interfacing" part pretty easy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook