824 New Armored Humvees sitting in lot in Kuwait

• News
  • Thread starter edward
  • Start date
Townsend said:
Why do I get the feeling you know more about this then you're letting on?:bugeye:

I had heard about Desert Fox. I didn't know that the Iraqi fighters cut and run like that. It just struck me as typical of the Iraqi Air Force.:smile:

edward said:
I had heard about Desert Fox. I didn't know that the Iraqi fighters cut and run like that. It just struck me as typical of the Iraqi Air Force.:smile:
About 15 minutes later, when two other Iraqi MIG-25s dipped below the southern "no-fly" zone's 33rd parallel, two Navy F-14 Tomcats from the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson, aware of the incident that had just occurred, fired two Phoenix missiles, the Navy's only long-range air-to-air missiles. The planes were near the town of Al Kut southwest of Baghdad.
Separately, and apparently unrelated to aerial engagements, an aging Iraqi MIG-23 crashed after it ran out of fuel, Pentagon officials said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/inatl/longterm/iraq/stories/nofly010699.htm

From what I have been told that is the only time the phoenix missile system has ever been used in combat. But who knows for sure.

Last edited:
Danger said:
a 7mm Remington [...] would probably kill you anyhow because all of those broken ribs
If you were wearing your kevlar vest and you fired your Remington with the butt against (or in front of) your ribs, would your ribs break?