Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

8th grader who is annoying

1. Sep 9, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

At my school, there is another 8th grader who is annoying as hell! :mad: He has a constant need for attention. If he has or has done anything unusual, that is attention points for him. :rolleyes: When he's hurt, he dramatizes to get more attention.

My method of getting around this is giving him negative attention. this usualyy results in 'Shut up James!' (his best comeback :wink: ) and he storms off and doesn't attemt any more attention grabbing for at least 5 minutes. :biggrin:

A few times, I was ready to punch him in. This may sound cruel, but he would just use it as a chance at attention. I've never so much as hit him, but you can bet that I came close :grumpy:

Another thing, is that he's too proud of his jewish heratige. I have nothing against any religeon whatsoever, but his pride is too much. He was mad the other day because his mom got a rug with patterns that berely resembled crosses. (BTW: this pride is another attention scheme)

Today I cought him saying 'Jesus Christ!'. I corrected him, and it resulted in another 'Shut up James'. and 'What do you know about religion, you probably don't have one!'. I told him that he was correct, because while I believe in God, I do not have any specific religeon.

I've known him since I was 5, and I have been ready to punch him since I was 5. Every once in awhile, we can be friends, for a few days maybe.

AHHHH!!!

okay, my little rant is over... I put it in my Journal too.

GRR! :mad:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2005 #2

Lisa!

Gold Member

Advertising for your journal?:wink:

4. Sep 9, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

no. :grumpy:

5. Sep 9, 2005 #4

Lisa!

Gold Member

No! Again you forgot capital letters! :biggrin:

6. Sep 9, 2005 #5
    lol

Wait till you get to highschool(maybe college too)

7. Sep 9, 2005 #6

Mk

lol

Wait till you get to life.

8. Sep 9, 2005 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Contrary to popular belief

Violence solves everything

9. Sep 9, 2005 #8
    :surprised Pengwuino, you just gave me another awsome idea for me and TSM's product line.

10. Sep 9, 2005 #9

Mk

Well... the truth is, it really does. It's who has more that wins, and hey, yomomma if you need some napalm or thermite recipes PM me!

11. Sep 9, 2005 #10

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I know where to get some military surplus rifles.

12. Sep 9, 2005 #11
    How does violence solve people dying?

13. Sep 9, 2005 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Duh. Violence.

Once everyones dead, no one will die anymore

Gosh smurf, you just can't think for yourself can you.

14. Sep 9, 2005 #13

somasimple

Gold Member

Peace and Love!

15. Sep 9, 2005 #14
    :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

I bow down before the master.

16. Sep 9, 2005 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

And thats why France keeps getting invaded.

17. Sep 9, 2005 #16

Mk

Tru dat! Brother!

18. Sep 9, 2005 #17

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Don't take the job of "reforming" him onto yourself alone; it rarely works.

Start isolating him by making friends with the other class-mates and drop in a few comments on who annoying he is.
    That is, build up a defense team within class so that in strength, you'll be able to ostracize him socially, unless he starts behaving differently.

19. Sep 9, 2005 #18

Mk

I now head the movement of the VFV campaign. Yomamma, the best way to do it is to just kill him, *mumbles into his ear* that way you have no competition to get that hot girl over there. :!!) :smile: :approve: [edit: OR GUY! WOULDN'T WANT TO BE SEXUALLY DISCRIMINATING WOULD WE?!?!??]

Vote For Violence! *two fingers*

20. Sep 9, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If he's just after attention, then the best thing is to just walk away and ignore him. It won't cure him of his annoying habits, but it will spare you from having to listen to it.

21. Sep 9, 2005 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

it's called 'following' and he does it to me. If I ignore him, I get a constant 'hey James, Hey....'

Now I have to face another day at school with him in an hour, I wonder what he'll come up with today.... :uhh:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?