8th grader who is annoying

  • Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
JamesU
Gold Member
732
3

Main Question or Discussion Point

At my school, there is another 8th grader who is annoying as hell! :mad: He has a constant need for attention. If he has or has done anything unusual, that is attention points for him. :rolleyes: When he's hurt, he dramatizes to get more attention.

My method of getting around this is giving him negative attention. this usualyy results in 'Shut up James!' (his best comeback :wink: ) and he storms off and doesn't attemt any more attention grabbing for at least 5 minutes. :biggrin:

A few times, I was ready to punch him in. This may sound cruel, but he would just use it as a chance at attention. I've never so much as hit him, but you can bet that I came close :grumpy:

Another thing, is that he's too proud of his jewish heratige. I have nothing against any religeon whatsoever, but his pride is too much. He was mad the other day because his mom got a rug with patterns that berely resembled crosses. (BTW: this pride is another attention scheme)

Today I cought him saying 'Jesus Christ!'. I corrected him, and it resulted in another 'Shut up James'. and 'What do you know about religion, you probably don't have one!'. I told him that he was correct, because while I believe in God, I do not have any specific religeon.

I've known him since I was 5, and I have been ready to punch him since I was 5. Every once in awhile, we can be friends, for a few days maybe.

AHHHH!!!

okay, my little rant is over... I put it in my Journal too.

GRR! :mad:
 

Answers and Replies

Lisa!
Gold Member
601
90
Advertising for your journal?:wink:
 
JamesU
Gold Member
732
3
no. :grumpy:
 
Lisa!
Gold Member
601
90
480
0
lol

Wait till you get to highschool(maybe college too)
 
Mk
1,963
3
moose said:
lol

Wait till you get to highschool(maybe college too)
lol

Wait till you get to life.
 
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,854
14
Contrary to popular belief

Violence solves everything
 
310
2
:surprised Pengwuino, you just gave me another awsome idea for me and TSM's product line.
 
Mk
1,963
3
Pengwuino said:
Contrary to popular belief

Violence solves everything
Well... the truth is, it really does. It's who has more that wins, and hey, yomomma if you need some napalm or thermite recipes PM me!
 
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,854
14
Mk said:
Well... the truth is, it really does. It's who has more that wins, and hey, yomomma if you need some napalm or thermite recipes PM me!
I know where to get some military surplus rifles.
 
310
2
How does violence solve people dying?
 
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,854
14
Smurf said:
How does violence solve people dying?
Duh. Violence.

Once everyones dead, no one will die anymore

Gosh smurf, you just can't think for yourself can you.
 
somasimple
Gold Member
749
5
Peace and Love!
 
310
2
Pengwuino said:
Duh. Violence.

Once everyones dead, no one will die anymore
:rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

Gosh smurf, you just can't think for yourself can you.
I bow down before the master.
 
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,854
14
somasimple said:
Peace and Love!
And thats why France keeps getting invaded.
 
Mk
1,963
3
Pengwuino said:
And thats why France keeps getting invaded.
Tru dat! Brother!
 
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
9,946
130
yomamma said:
At my school, there is another 8th grader who is annoying as hell! :mad: He has a constant need for attention. If he has or has done anything unusual, that is attention points for him. :rolleyes: When he's hurt, he dramatizes to get more attention.

My method of getting around this is giving him negative attention. this usualyy results in 'Shut up James!' (his best comeback :wink: ) and he storms off and doesn't attemt any more attention grabbing for at least 5 minutes. :biggrin:

A few times, I was ready to punch him in. This may sound cruel, but he would just use it as a chance at attention. I've never so much as hit him, but you can bet that I came close :grumpy:

Another thing, is that he's too proud of his jewish heratige. I have nothing against any religeon whatsoever, but his pride is too much. He was mad the other day because his mom got a rug with patterns that berely resembled crosses. (BTW: this pride is another attention scheme)

Today I cought him saying 'Jesus Christ!'. I corrected him, and it resulted in another 'Shut up James'. and 'What do you know about religion, you probably don't have one!'. I told him that he was correct, because while I believe in God, I do not have any specific religeon.

I've known him since I was 5, and I have been ready to punch him since I was 5. Every once in awhile, we can be friends, for a few days maybe.

AHHHH!!!

okay, my little rant is over... I put it in my Journal too.

GRR! :mad:
Don't take the job of "reforming" him onto yourself alone; it rarely works.

Start isolating him by making friends with the other class-mates and drop in a few comments on who annoying he is.
That is, build up a defense team within class so that in strength, you'll be able to ostracize him socially, unless he starts behaving differently.
 
Mk
1,963
3
arildno said:
Don't take the job of "reforming" him onto yourself alone; it rarely works.

Start isolating him by making friends with the other class-mates and drop in a few comments on who annoying he is.
That is, build up a defense team within class so that in strength, you'll be able to ostracize him socially, unless he starts behaving differently.
I now head the movement of the VFV campaign. Yomamma, the best way to do it is to just kill him, *mumbles into his ear* that way you have no competition to get that hot girl over there. :!!) :smile: :approve: [edit: OR GUY! WOULDN'T WANT TO BE SEXUALLY DISCRIMINATING WOULD WE?!?!??]

Vote For Violence! *two fingers*
 
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,349
51
If he's just after attention, then the best thing is to just walk away and ignore him. It won't cure him of his annoying habits, but it will spare you from having to listen to it.
 
JamesU
Gold Member
732
3
it's called 'following' and he does it to me. If I ignore him, I get a constant 'hey James, Hey....'

Now I have to face another day at school with him in an hour, I wonder what he'll come up with today.... :uhh:
 
JamesU
Gold Member
732
3
Pengwuino said:
Contrary to popular belief

Violence solves everything
you don't get it. he is a HUGE wuss, and anything you do to him, he'll tell the nearest adult. I know he whines too much to all the teachers, and his parents.
 
Mk
1,963
3
yomamma said:
he is a HUGE wuss, and anything you do to him, he'll tell the nearest adult. I know he whines too much to all the teachers, and his parents.
So are you, but we still love you. :tongue2:
 
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,854
14
yomamma said:
you don't get it. he is a HUGE wuss, and anything you do to him, he'll tell the nearest adult. I know he whines too much to all the teachers, and his parents.
Tell him that if he tells anyone, the beatings will continue on a regular basis.
 
Pengwuino
Gold Member
4,854
14
yomamma said:
it's called 'following' and he does it to me. If I ignore him, I get a constant 'hey James, Hey....'

Now I have to face another day at school with him in an hour, I wonder what he'll come up with today.... :uhh:
oh wait wait wait. Go up to a bunch of girls with him following you and just go "Stop stalking me you *enter various insults*!!"
 
113
1
yomamma said:
it's called 'following' and he does it to me. If I ignore him, I get a constant 'hey James, Hey....'
Then say "hi" back humbly and walk away. Don't make a scene; ignoring him makes a scene.
 

Related Threads for: 8th grader who is annoying

Replies
11
Views
740
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
20
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
23
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
33
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
11
Views
1K
Top