How can I deal with an annoying 8th grader who craves attention?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, the other 8th grader at my school is annoying as heck and has a constant need for attention. If he does or has anything unusual, it results in him getting more attention. He's also proud of his jewish heritage and gets mad if his mother gets a rug with patterns that aren't crosses. Today, I caught him saying "Jesus Christ!" and corrected him. He then got mad and said "shut up James". I told him that he was correct because I believe in God, but that I don't have any specific religeon. I've known him since I was 5, but every once in awhile we can be friends.
JamesU
Gold Member
At my school, there is another 8th grader who is annoying as hell! :mad: He has a constant need for attention. If he has or has done anything unusual, that is attention points for him. :rolleyes: When he's hurt, he dramatizes to get more attention.

My method of getting around this is giving him negative attention. this usualyy results in 'Shut up James!' (his best comeback :wink: ) and he storms off and doesn't attemt any more attention grabbing for at least 5 minutes. :biggrin:

A few times, I was ready to punch him in. This may sound cruel, but he would just use it as a chance at attention. I've never so much as hit him, but you can bet that I came close :grumpy:

Another thing, is that he's too proud of his jewish heratige. I have nothing against any religeon whatsoever, but his pride is too much. He was mad the other day because his mom got a rug with patterns that berely resembled crosses. (BTW: this pride is another attention scheme)

Today I cought him saying 'Jesus Christ!'. I corrected him, and it resulted in another 'Shut up James'. and 'What do you know about religion, you probably don't have one!'. I told him that he was correct, because while I believe in God, I do not have any specific religeon.

I've known him since I was 5, and I have been ready to punch him since I was 5. Every once in awhile, we can be friends, for a few days maybe.

AHHHH!

okay, my little rant is over... I put it in my Journal too.

GRR! :mad:

Physics news on Phys.org
Advertising for your journal?:wink:

no. :grumpy:

yomamma said:
no. :grumpy:
No! Again you forgot capital letters! :biggrin:

lol

Wait till you get to high school(maybe college too)

moose said:
lol

Wait till you get to high school(maybe college too)
lol

Wait till you get to life.

Contrary to popular belief

Violence solves everything

Pengwuino, you just gave me another awsome idea for me and TSM's product line.

Pengwuino said:

Well... the truth is, it really does. It's who has more that wins, and hey, yomomma if you need some napalm or thermite recipes PM me!

Mk said:
Well... the truth is, it really does. It's who has more that wins, and hey, yomomma if you need some napalm or thermite recipes PM me!

I know where to get some military surplus rifles.

How does violence solve people dying?

Smurf said:
How does violence solve people dying?

Duh. Violence.

Once everyones dead, no one will die anymore

Gosh smurf, you just can't think for yourself can you.

Peace and Love!

Pengwuino said:
Duh. Violence.

Once everyones dead, no one will die anymore
:rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

Gosh smurf, you just can't think for yourself can you.
I bow down before the master.

somasimple said:
Peace and Love!

And that's why France keeps getting invaded.

Pengwuino said:
And that's why France keeps getting invaded.
Tru dat! Brother!

yomamma said:
At my school, there is another 8th grader who is annoying as hell! :mad: He has a constant need for attention. If he has or has done anything unusual, that is attention points for him. :rolleyes: When he's hurt, he dramatizes to get more attention.

My method of getting around this is giving him negative attention. this usualyy results in 'Shut up James!' (his best comeback :wink: ) and he storms off and doesn't attemt any more attention grabbing for at least 5 minutes. :biggrin:

A few times, I was ready to punch him in. This may sound cruel, but he would just use it as a chance at attention. I've never so much as hit him, but you can bet that I came close :grumpy:

Another thing, is that he's too proud of his jewish heratige. I have nothing against any religeon whatsoever, but his pride is too much. He was mad the other day because his mom got a rug with patterns that berely resembled crosses. (BTW: this pride is another attention scheme)

Today I cought him saying 'Jesus Christ!'. I corrected him, and it resulted in another 'Shut up James'. and 'What do you know about religion, you probably don't have one!'. I told him that he was correct, because while I believe in God, I do not have any specific religeon.

I've known him since I was 5, and I have been ready to punch him since I was 5. Every once in awhile, we can be friends, for a few days maybe.

AHHHH!

okay, my little rant is over... I put it in my Journal too.

GRR! :mad:
Don't take the job of "reforming" him onto yourself alone; it rarely works.

Start isolating him by making friends with the other class-mates and drop in a few comments on who annoying he is.
That is, build up a defense team within class so that in strength, you'll be able to ostracize him socially, unless he starts behaving differently.

arildno said:
Don't take the job of "reforming" him onto yourself alone; it rarely works.

Start isolating him by making friends with the other class-mates and drop in a few comments on who annoying he is.
That is, build up a defense team within class so that in strength, you'll be able to ostracize him socially, unless he starts behaving differently.
I now head the movement of the VFV campaign. Yomamma, the best way to do it is to just kill him, *mumbles into his ear* that way you have no competition to get that hot girl over there. :!) :smile: :approve: [edit: OR GUY! WOULDN'T WANT TO BE SEXUALLY DISCRIMINATING WOULD WE?]

Vote For Violence! *two fingers*

If he's just after attention, then the best thing is to just walk away and ignore him. It won't cure him of his annoying habits, but it will spare you from having to listen to it.

it's called 'following' and he does it to me. If I ignore him, I get a constant 'hey James, Hey...'

Now I have to face another day at school with him in an hour, I wonder what he'll come up with today... :uhh:

Pengwuino said:

you don't get it. he is a HUGE wuss, and anything you do to him, he'll tell the nearest adult. I know he whines too much to all the teachers, and his parents.

yomamma said:
he is a HUGE wuss, and anything you do to him, he'll tell the nearest adult. I know he whines too much to all the teachers, and his parents.
So are you, but we still love you. :tongue2:

yomamma said:
you don't get it. he is a HUGE wuss, and anything you do to him, he'll tell the nearest adult. I know he whines too much to all the teachers, and his parents.

Tell him that if he tells anyone, the beatings will continue on a regular basis.

yomamma said:
it's called 'following' and he does it to me. If I ignore him, I get a constant 'hey James, Hey...'

Now I have to face another day at school with him in an hour, I wonder what he'll come up with today... :uhh:

oh wait wait wait. Go up to a bunch of girls with him following you and just go "Stop stalking me you *enter various insults*!"

yomamma said:

Then say "hi" back humbly and walk away. Don't make a scene; ignoring him makes a scene.

DO THAT! Its the best way. But don't say "hey." If he says something requiring something back, give him as little as possible. If you can't get out of the situation, just ignore him and walk past.

Pengwuino said:
oh wait wait wait. Go up to a bunch of girls with him following you and just go "Stop stalking me you *enter various insults*!"
:rofl: :rofl:

I'll try that

What makes an 8th grader annoying?

There is no set criteria for what makes an 8th grader annoying as each person may have different preferences and tolerances. However, some common traits that may contribute to annoyance include constant talking, interrupting others, and disruptive behavior.

How can I deal with an annoying 8th grader?

It's important to remember that 8th graders are still developing and may not realize their behavior is causing annoyance. It's best to address the issue calmly and directly with the individual, and try to understand their perspective. If the behavior continues, it may be necessary to involve a teacher or other adult for guidance.

Is it normal for 8th graders to be annoying?

It is normal for 8th graders (and people of any age) to exhibit annoying behavior at times. This is a part of growing and learning how to interact with others. However, if the behavior is consistently disruptive or harmful, it may be a sign of a larger issue that requires addressing.

Why do 8th graders seem to enjoy being annoying?

Some 8th graders may engage in annoying behavior as a way to seek attention or feel like they are a part of a group. They may also be testing boundaries and trying to establish their own identity. It's important to understand the underlying reasons behind the behavior and address them appropriately.

How can I help an 8th grader who is being annoying?

If you notice an 8th grader behaving in a way that may be annoying to others, it may be helpful to speak to them privately and offer guidance or advice on how to interact more positively. It can also be beneficial to model positive behavior and include the individual in group activities to help them feel included and valued.