Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

9/11 building question?

1. Dec 24, 2007 #1
    A fellow I work with claims that the world trade center buildings and building # 7 fell faster than physics will allow. He thinks that explosive charges placed in the buildings caused the buildings to fall faster than terminal velosity? I think he is a quack. how can I show him he is a quack. or is he right? thanks for your time
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This is one of the banned topics on PF/Skepticism Forum.

4. Dec 24, 2007 #3

Staff: Mentor

And your friend is wrong. Explosives placed in the building would not cause it to fall faster. The explosions simply undermine the structure, which then collapses under its own weight.
  5. Dec 24, 2007 #4

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, but discussion of 9/11 conspiracy theories is not allowed here. (They just waste bandwidth!) Consult our "Rules" at the top of each page, especially the section on Conspiracy Theories/Closed topics. A list of such closed topics can be found in the Scepticism and Debunking Forum Guidelines.

Thanks for understanding. :wink:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?