Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

9/11; who cares!

1. Sep 11, 2004 #1

GENIERE

Science Advisor

Last evening, at midnight, I was going to post a reminder re: 9/11. I decide to wait, as I was sure others would post. Saddened is too weak a term to describe my feelings. We are at war with about 150 million worshipers of Islam who actively participate or abet a small group of despicable, indescribable malevolent, bipeds. These minions are in turn supported by millions of their apologists. What a f***** up world!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2004 #2
    Why don't you go ahead and start?

4. Sep 11, 2004 #3
    Stop smearing muslims again!

5. Sep 11, 2004 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Geniere's complaint, which I share, is that peaceful muslims are doing little to nothing to stop the terrorists who are hijacking their religion. Why don't they take control of their religion, politics, etc? See studentx's thread.

6. Sep 11, 2004 #5
    150 million?, NO a few thousad nut case belivers
    opposed by our nut case belivers christian and jewish extremists

maybe a better idea is a war on all fairy tales
    or at least the active dangerios ones
    not on the people ,
    just on the stupid MYTHS they belive

if we can show them there is no GOD,
    there is no reason for terror or war in god's name
    and any theocracy is a very BAD IDEA in the holy land or the HOMELAND
    or anywhere

best first step is get the christian rightwing out of office
    that we can do with out bloodshed
    then quit paying for the Zionists theocracy with USA TAX MONY
    next work on the moslems

7. Sep 11, 2004 #6
    What are you doing to stop Bush's Whitehouse prayer meetings? Or Jerry Falwell's crazy campaigns?

8. Sep 11, 2004 #7
    evading the problem again.

9. Sep 11, 2004 #8
    Johnny's complaint, which I share, is that peaceful Westerners are doing little to nothing to stop the WTO and multinational corporations that are destroying environmental, public health, and labor laws, undermining local economies, and expropriating the natural resources in poorer nations. Why don't they take control of their economics, politics, etc?

10. Sep 11, 2004 #9
    I think on this day it would be approriate for all in the free world to stand up together with Americans. Mourn, shout with rage or whatever you feel. If on this kind of occasion one is not able to put aside differences on the side issues, one is indeed an apologist. When 911 happened, I donated to the red cross. A feeble gesture, I know, but since then I supported every action to make do with the very source of this evil. Unfortunately Iraq was not one of them, as it completely undermined the moral high ground as well as the political and even military strenght of the US, and thus of the free world. Radicalization of Islam is no fairy tale. It's too easy to blame the whole of Islam, but it is obvious they have a big problem. Together with the Americans I will defend our freedom by all means. 911 is a day to let the world know just that. And let nobody think that while we have fierce discussions among us, that we don't agree about the principle.

11. Sep 11, 2004 #10

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Neither Bush nor Jerry Falwell is strapping bombs on children and sending them to bus stations or hijacking civilian airliners and flying them into bus stations, or murdering hundreds of children and their parents in a school.
    You're comparing economics to terrorism? Are you of the perception that the economic prosperity of the west in the past hundred or so years has made things worse for non-western countries?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  12. Sep 11, 2004 #11

GENIERE

Science Advisor

Mercator, in this political forum, I don’t think you have ever posted anything I’ve agreed with.

I can’t thank you enough for this one.

13. Sep 12, 2004 #12

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's not what he said russ. He said they "actively support" the terrorists.

And how exactly does a common Muslim person who perhaps works in a little shop 12 hours a day; who just barely makes enough money to feed his 5 children and 2 wives, supposed to "stop the terrorists who are hijacking" his religion ?

Are Religious Muslim groups that command public attention doing enough to condemn the terrorists ? NO ! Are Islamic Goverments doing enough to eradicate terror cells operating under their noses ? No way ! Are there common people who do sympathise with Al Qaeda ? Yes, there are.

But going so far as to blame every Taamir, Dawoud and Hamid is one angry step too many. It's this kind of generalization that leads to acts of ethnic cleansing.

14. Sep 12, 2004 #13

GENIERE

Science Advisor

If I had meant every Taamir, Dawoud and Hamid I would have stated 1.3 billion rather than 150 million.

15. Sep 12, 2004 #14

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, I thought you were refering to the combined populations of Iraq and Afghanistan, but that's actually more like 50 mill.

16. Sep 12, 2004 #15

GENIERE

Science Advisor

My hand is extended. Sorry, no right-handed icons.

--

17. Sep 12, 2004 #16
    Geniere, in discussions like this, positions tend to be polarized in stead of growing towards each other. I am guilty of overdoing it in the heat of discussion, like so many here. It all ends, like I found out on another board on which I was more active the last few months, in useless shouting and insulting. It does not hurt to restate one's basic viewpoints now and then, if not to clarify a position for the others, then to refocus yourself.

18. Sep 12, 2004 #17
    i forgive u merc

19. Sep 12, 2004 #18
    :smile: that's a good thought

20. Sep 12, 2004 #19

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No problem, I'll use a mirror.

21. Sep 12, 2004 #20
    This starts to sound like a self-help group :-) We need some controversy quick!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?