News 9/11; who cares!

• Thread starter GENIERE
  • Start date

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
I'm not a fan of the WTO.

Under the NAFTA agreement, the Americans(government and the people who support it) ****ed us over BAD!

I'm a Canadian, and I dislike the idea that we will get sucked down with the US who isn't taking the best approach.

This is my opinion, but I think a corporate owned country will always get hit. If I were an American citizen, I wouldn't be afraid because they will only hit government related building. Staying away from those.

Other than that, it is sad to see a country being controlled by fear. i.e. Bush's Campaign

Note: Kerry doesn't look too bright either. I'm with Clinton.

Gokul43201 said:
Very true. But I think 9/11 was more an act of revenge and hatred (something of a crusade) directed at one specific government than out of a desire to change the world order.
I watched a statement on the news tonight by OBL back in 2002 (?) calling for All Americans to convert to Islam. I tried to find a link, as this was on CNN Television, but I couldn't.
However, I find that very telling about the true goals. It's a want to spread Islam. If you are not Muslim, you are an infidel. If you are not Osama's type of muslim, you're not a REAL muslim either :rolleyes:
EDIT yes I'm simplifying this, but it's still a very telling statement

Last edited:
JasonRox said:
I'm not a fan of the WTO.

Under the NAFTA agreement, the Americans(government and the people who support it) ****ed us over BAD!

I'm a Canadian, and I dislike the idea that we will get sucked down with the US who isn't taking the best approach.

This is my opinion, but I think a corporate owned country will always get hit. If I were an American citizen, I wouldn't be afraid because they will only hit government related building. Staying away from those.

Other than that, it is sad to see a country being controlled by fear. i.e. Bush's Campaign

Note: Kerry doesn't look too bright either. I'm with Clinton.
Let's not change course. I'm not sure how NAFTA came to this. i'd be happy to discuss it in another thread.

All countries have enemies, unless you are so lucky to have vast resources and call yourself neutral (and even then, are pipe bombs in Downtown T-dot considered getting hit??) and thus all countries will get 'hit'. Communist countries have terrorism. Do you believe they are corporate owned? Obviously not ;)

Considering the high number of travelers on the 11th, and the constant polls showing that Americans aren't worried about another terrorist attack, I don't know where you get the idea we are controlled by fear. Election time propaganda slides off our back like water off a duck. Sure it gets a few percent (that's all either side needs), but to say fear is controlling a nation is to believe the same propaganda given out by the likes of Michael Moore (and company).

kat

Gokul43201 said:
I think the repurcussions of 9/11 were global, and al-Qaeda capitalized on this. I don't believe 9/11 was part of a worldwide terror plan. The Madrid bombings happened only because Spain was a participant in the Iraq War. I'm not denying that al-Qaeda has a global network, but I don't think they foresaw that 9/11 would affect the whole world.
Wasn't there some discovery that they had been planning the Madrid attack before Iraq?
I think that a lot of people forget Spains religious history and how islamic fundamentalist feel about it.....

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
I never seen any of Michael Moore's work, so I wouldn't know the likes either.

I already know that the economy in the US is ****, and that's no big surprise considering Americans love to swipe credit cards, which made it look like it went "up".

When the bills start coming, your ****ed.

We will see how much Bush loves paying bills.

Believe it or not, I'm already considering leaving Canada itself. With a good majority of the votes going to Plastic Face Harper, there is no way I can live in a country full of wackos voting for anyone because of a silly mistake made by one government.

Where am I going to go? I haven't decided it yet, but I'm working on it. Any suggestions? Note: US is at the bottom, so don't recommend it.

Yes we live great lives, and there is no doubt about it. I'm just not too fond about living in a environmentally ignorant country such as the US and Canada although Canada isn't that bad.

I do love my country, don't get me wrong. It's the people sending it in the wrong the direction. I don't give a rats ass about how many Olympic Medals we win because I think it is a waste of money for it to go there. Every other Canadian wants more medals, for some damn stupid reason, but they are reluctant to pay for it though. They like to pile up debt, like our US counterparts, and let the next generation suffer.

Believe or not, a lot of Canadian just like to win the hockey gold, but most rather see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Note: I'm a huge Leafs fan, and um... I am willing to pay more taxes to increase their chance of winning. I'm sure a lot of Canadians would. :)

HOCKEY NATION!

plover

Homework Helper
My understanding is that Khalid Shaikh Mohammed chose the WTC as a symbol of U.S. economic power—Bin Laden's preferred target being the Pentagon.

Also, Mohammed's participation in 9/11 was more directly inspired by hatred of the U.S. caused by the Palestinian issue. Bin Laden's goal was more strategic. His overall aim is to bring about a reunification of the Islamic world as a single political entity (not a goal most Muslims care about). The greatest obstacle to this is perceived to be Western support of countries like Israel and Egypt. So, Bin Laden's view of 9/11 was as a means of weakening the U.S. with the expectation that this could lead to a withdrawal of U.S. support for countries in the Middle East.

The above is mostly drawn from this analysis.

We will see how much Bush loves paying bills.
Whether it is Bush or Kerry in office, America will still be paying bills.

Believe it or not, I'm already considering leaving Canada itself. With a good majority of the votes going to Plastic Face Harper, there is no way I can live in a country full of wackos voting for anyone because of a silly mistake made by one government.
A lot of the people who vote for Harper is because they believe Canada should undergo new leadership (Liberals have too much power). You need to seriously rethink your comments. People don't just vote for the Conservatives because of one mistake the Liberals made - the Conservatives actually have a pretty good political platform.

Where am I going to go? I haven't decided it yet, but I'm working on it. Any suggestions? Note: US is at the bottom, so don't recommend it.
You're going to leave because some people voted for Stephen Harper?

I don't give a rats ass about how many Olympic Medals we win because I think it is a waste of money for it to go there
It's pretty embarrassing when you don't win any medals. A reason why US, China and Russia pay for their medals. Canada is hosting the Olympics soon - you should care how many medals your country wins.

but most rather see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
What are you talking about?! The Leafs are the most hated team in Canada outside Toronto.

I'm a huge Leafs fan, and um..
That explains a lot.

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
Stephen Harper said he HATED Eastern Canadians and Immigrants!

Why the hell would an Eastern Canadian vote for him? I voted NDP, which is much better than voting for someone who hates you.

Stephen Harper was president of the NCC(National Citizens Coalition), and in the 70's they fought against public health care, and they still do. Look at Ralph Klein! He is a perfect example of a wacko at a desk! Getting rid of debt, whoop-dee-****in-doo. At what price did this come?! Ask Albertans because you don't seem to know the facts, and also make sure you ask the diverse group and not only 50 year old farts.

Voting for the Conservatives aka. Canadian Alliance(or Plastic Face Orgs) is accepting the idea of bringing your VISA to the hospital instead of your Health Card. Imagine the competition in a privatized world! They wouldn't share information, which can be critical if you are out of the area.

Also, Stephen Harper admitted (DURING THE ELECTION) that his platform could result in a higher increases in TERRORIST ATTACKS! We live in peace (almost), why throw it out the door?! I love the peacekeeping Canadians, but apparently Canadians are caught up in the American Dream of having a powerful rich(in debt) country. People forgot how many people we have, and having a strong army with very little troops is not easy.

I can go on, and on.

Note: Remember the Flames? Calgary's Cup Drive? Many (almost all) the Calgary fans in CALGARY admitted that they are true Leaf fans, and that it is only a temporary thing in Calgary! Do you even know what people think outside of Quebec? Didn't think so?

J'espere que tu pratique ton francais parce que le Quebec va separer. (I have poor French skills, but I try my best, and I hope you are not an ignorant Quebecer, who sticks to English.)

Note: I have an english keyboard.

Note: I am not leaving because the amount of votes against Harper. I PLAN to leave because Canadians (old people) are changing the way they want the country. If you think I'm wrong, the majority of the votes against military spending were from YOUNG canadians, WHO will be here in 20 years.

Last edited:

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
Also, I DON'T LIVE IN TORONTO!

Explain why everyone loves them here?

The Buffalo Sabres are closer!

You just hate the Leafs because the Montreal Canadians are poor.

Why the hell would an Eastern Canadian vote for him?
So everyone who voted for the Conservative Party is a Western redneck?

I voted NDP
So you have no damn clue about politics and the political history of Canada, do you? Or you would have remembered the NDP's failure in BC.

Voting for the Conservatives aka. Canadian Alliance(or Plastic Face Orgs) is accepting the idea of bringing your VISA to the hospital instead of your Health Card.
Wrong.

The conservatives are not against Government funded health care: Access to Health Care Canadians depend on our public system of health care. That’s why the Conservative Party supported the federal-provincial Health Accord. A Conservative government will cooperate with the provinces to ensure adequate funding, shorter waiting lists, and more doctors and nurses. We will improve access to health care for all Canadians, regardless of ability to pay. Demand Better. Demand improved access to health care.

love the peacekeeping Canadians, but apparently Canadians are caught up in the American Dream of having a powerful rich(in debt) country.
Another comment based on nothing.

Stephen Harper said he HATED Eastern Canadians and Immigrants!
No he doesn't. He simply stated that the reason the Liberals have such a hold in Western Canada is because of Asian immigrants and those who migrated from the East.

In fact one of the Conservative Party's major issues is that they will fight for immigrants and to ensure speedier recognition of foreign credentials.

People forgot how many people we have, and having a strong army with very little troops is not easy.
Clearly you completely misunderstand Harper's position on the military. The Conservatives wish to properly fund Canada's military because right now, they are underfunded. And to make sure they have the right equipment and training to do dangerous tasks needed.

Note: Remember the Flames? Calgary's Cup Drive? Many (almost all) the Calgary fans in CALGARY admitted that they are true Leaf fans, and that it is only a temporary thing in Calgary! Do you even know what people think outside of Quebec? Didn't think so?
Actually, I do. You can head to Sportsnet.ca's forum right now. "Leafs fan" is constantly used as an insult.

I lived in B.C. for almost a decade, and even there people hate the Leafs. It seems you have no clue what you're talking about - then again, you're trying to leave the country because of "old people" and Stephen Harper not winning the election.

You just hate the Leafs because the Montreal Canadians are poor.
You don't even spell the team's name correctly.

Explain why everyone loves them here?
Everyone loves them? Ever wonder why the rest of Canada hates you? It's because of that ignorant and delusional attitude. The same attitude that's trademark to Leafs fans.

Note: Get back to me when you clear up your obvious misconceptions.

Your the only one who seems to have misconceptions Dagenais, he made some good points and your replys were little better than simple flaming. And NDP is better than the corporate puppets Liberals and Conservatives, don't know the details but BC has recovered now and I'm willing to give them another go.

JasonRox: It depends what you do and what you can afford, if your rich or dont want to live in the city then I recomend france, but housing costs a load in france, and yes its true they have a law you have to help someone if they're getting raped on the subway. (P.S. Paris sucks)

don't know the details but BC has recovered now and I'm willing to give them another go.
You shouldn't have to recover from a good Government. The fact that you had to say, "BC has recovered (from the NDP) now" completely defeats anything you're trying to prove.

he made some good points and your replys were little better than simple flaming.
Good points as in his own misleading opinions? His opinions which aren't even based on any facts at all?

Unless you consider the Conservative Party's platform and actually using correct facts "flaming", you completely misused the word. Why don't you actually try reading about the Conservatives before pointing out who really has the misconceptions.

Last edited:

kat

You guys have destroyed the spirit of this thread and are completely off topic. I'm notifying the moderator. This whole forum has gone to **** because of this type of posting. Frankly I'm fed up with it.

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Wow, Canadians argue about their politics even better than Americans do. Notice every political flame is also accompanied by a hockey flame, eh? :rofl:

Now if Americans could at least unite under one sport instead of being divided between baseball, basketball, and football .......

I think Al-Quaeda is anti-western in general. If a little more anti-American than anti-European (which is arguable), it would be due to the US giving more support to Israel than most European nations. The main beef is the impact western coorporations have on Islamic culture. If you can't stop your own people from using their oil wealth to import an 'improved' lifestyle, then attack the supply side. I would imagine that they perceive the imported culture problem much as the US perceives the import of illegal drugs.

Evo

Mentor
I guess you guys are through discussing 9/11?

I leave you guys alone pretty much here, but I guess I'm going to have to start monitoring closely if you can't stop the bickering.

Some people actually would like to discuss the topics.