9000 U.S. Troops Dead?

  • News
  • Thread starter Icebreaker
  • Start date
  • #1
Icebreaker

Main Question or Discussion Point

http://baltimore.indymedia.org/newswire/display/10554 [Broken]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

  • #3
1,134
9
After reading the article this was taken from, I am more then skeptical. If he ever provides proof of his details, I would give it a second look, maybe.

He{Brian Harring, Domestic Intelligence Reporter}claims 5,000+ US soldgers have gone awol to Ireland? Don't you think the Irish would of noticed?
 
  • #4
61
0
That would be a pretty big thing to cover up. There are a number of journalists, non-corporate news sources, and organizations who wouldn't hesitate to cover a story like this, if it was real.
 
Last edited:
  • #5
Evo
Mentor
23,135
2,667
jma2001 said:
That article came from TBRNews.org.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Barnes_Review

Be careful whose candy you're eating.
Thanks, reading his link was enough to dismiss it as wild speculation, but nice to know more about the source.
 
  • #6
61
0
The DOD releases the names of those killed.

There are also a number of sites with detailed information.

http://www.militarycity.com/valor/honor.html

http://icasualties.org/oif/Details.aspx [Broken]

If over 7,000 name have been omitted from the lists, there would be several times that number (family, friends, associates) raising hell about it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #7
Icebreaker
Yes, it was too much of a cover up to be believable. It sounded plausible because I can see the DoD saying those "killed in Iraq" are literally those KIA in Iraq. It wouldn't be the first time some twist of words are used to change numbers.
 
  • #8
cronxeh
Gold Member
961
10
oh that is hilarious. us marines/army going awol and to ireland?

ahahahahahaha. oh wow only someone who never been to united states could write such crappy propaganda.
 
  • #9
61
0
It's far easier to make billions of dollars disappear without anyone caring.
 
  • #10
Icebreaker
Rabid said:
It's far easier to make billions of dollars disappear without anyone caring.
Sad, but true.
 
  • #11
Art
hypatia said:
After reading the article this was taken from, I am more then skeptical. If he ever provides proof of his details, I would give it a second look, maybe.

He{Brian Harring, Domestic Intelligence Reporter}claims 5,000+ US soldgers have gone awol to Ireland? Don't you think the Irish would of noticed?
They are certainly not here in Ireland :rofl: . If they were they would nearly outnumber our own armed forces of 8500. Unless of course they are all cunningly disguised as sheep!!! :biggrin:
 
  • #12
Art said:
They are certainly not here in Ireland :rofl: . If they were they would nearly outnumber our own armed forces of 8500. Unless of course they are all cunningly disguised as sheep!!! :biggrin:
are there enough pubs in ireland to even support 5000 US soldiers? :smile:
 
  • #13
Art
quetzalcoatl9 said:
are there enough pubs in ireland to even support 5000 US soldiers? :smile:
Since the government here banned smoking in pubs they'd have the pubs practically to themselves. :biggrin:
 
  • #14
Art said:
Unless of course they are all cunningly disguised as sheep!!! :biggrin:

Through an amazing act of restraint, I have managed to prevent myself from making a comment on the above that would probably have had me banned forever. :yuck:
 

Related Threads on 9000 U.S. Troops Dead?

Replies
9
Views
4K
Replies
24
Views
17K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
7
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
2K
Replies
2
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
39
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
4K
Top