Can You Escape the Endless Rooms of 99rooms?

• Thread starter BobG
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, this interactive art is a way to kill some time. You can find and click on the thing that moves you through the rooms. It's almost both, since in some of the rooms you have to find and click on the thing that moves you on through the rooms. It took me more times than I'd like to admit to figure this out, but it was worth it.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
This is an interesting way to kill some time: http://99rooms.terracontent.de/99rooms/99rooms.html

Some interactive art

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is it a puzzle? Or just something to look at?

BobG said:
This is an interesting way to kill some time: http://99rooms.terracontent.de/99rooms/99rooms.html

Some interactive art

I wish i could kill people that post these time wasting posts, i mean i only have so much time left, you are a sadist Bob :rofl:

It's almost both, since in some of the rooms you have to find and click on the thing that moves you on through the rooms.

I don't have time to go through all of them right now, either. If there is 99 rooms, I'm thinking it will take awhile.

Just so as not to waste another thread on time killers, here's http://www.hondomagic.com/html/a_little_magic.htm (seriously, I don't have time to waste time like this!). Sadly, it took me more times than I'd like to admit to figure this out.

BobG said:
It's almost both, since in some of the rooms you have to find and click on the thing that moves you on through the rooms.

I don't have time to go through all of them right now, either. If there is 99 rooms, I'm thinking it will take awhile.

Hold ctrl and you can jump to any room. :rolleyes:

BobG said:
Just so as not to waste another thread on time killers, here's http://www.hondomagic.com/html/a_little_magic.htm (seriously, I don't have time to waste time like this!). Sadly, it took me more times than I'd like to admit to figure this out.

I seen that one several years ago on a different site. Just how many times did it take you?

Damn! That took me 3 tries :grumpy: .

But I was distracted by work. :uhh:

BobG said:
Technically, it's 100. 97 was a tricky one. :biggrin:

lol @ the card trick

1. What is "99rooms waste some time?"

"99rooms waste some time" is an online interactive art project created by the artist Kim Laughton. It consists of a series of surreal and unsettling rooms that the user can navigate through by clicking on different objects.

2. How does "99rooms waste some time" contribute to the field of science?

As an art project, "99rooms waste some time" may not contribute directly to scientific research. However, it can be seen as a form of experimental psychology, as it taps into the user's emotions and perception through its visual and auditory elements. It can also be seen as a commentary on the impact of technology and internet on our daily lives.

3. Can "99rooms waste some time" be used for educational purposes?

While the project may not have been specifically designed for educational purposes, it can be used as a tool for critical thinking and creativity. The surreal and abstract nature of the rooms can prompt discussions about perception, imagination, and the limitations of technology.

4. Is "99rooms waste some time" suitable for all ages?

The project contains some disturbing and unsettling imagery, so it may not be appropriate for younger children. However, it does not contain any explicit or graphic content, so it may be suitable for older children and adults.

5. How does "99rooms waste some time" use technology in its creation?

The project was created using various forms of digital technology, including 3D modeling, animation, and coding. The rooms are designed to be navigated through a web browser, and the user interacts with the objects by clicking on them.