Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Belated Happy Birthday, Moonbear!

1. Oct 26, 2008 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday. Was a bit under the weather. Hope yours was better!

[​IMG]

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2008 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's right, happy Birthday Moonbear!!

4. Oct 26, 2008 #3

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wishing you all the very best on your birthday MB!

5. Oct 26, 2008 #4

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Happy (belated) Birthday, Moonbear. I hope you had a great day.

6. Oct 26, 2008 #5
    True, heartfelt Happy Birthday!
    S

7. Oct 26, 2008 #6

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Happy birthday Moonbear! :smile:

8. Oct 26, 2008 #7

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

These are for you, dearest Moonbear:
    [​IMG]

9. Oct 26, 2008 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks everyone! Ooh, arildno always chooses just the right present! :biggrin:

10. Oct 26, 2008 #9

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Happy Birthday, Moonbear !!!!!!!!!!

ìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìíìí . . . . í . . . . :biggrin:

I hope you had a wonderful day. :smile:

May you have many more years! :cool: :approve:

11. Oct 26, 2008 #10

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Moonbie dear, if that's the type of "presents" that you like, I can give one like that as well... :)

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

Zz.

12. Oct 26, 2008 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Psst, zzz..you haven't got the tummy factor quite right..

13. Oct 26, 2008 #12

Doc Al

Happy B-Day, Moonbear! ;-)

14. Oct 26, 2008 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Woo hoo! That's an even beefier set. :!!)

I didn't do too much for my actual birthday. It was a rainy, dreary day here, so not much to do. Just got the grocery shopping and such done, went to work for a little while. Then got tired very early (must be old age setting in already) and took a LONG nap. By then, the day was pretty much done.

But, I went out Friday night with one of my coworkers. The dental students invited us along to go to a Fright Farm. We met up with them and said hi, but decided not to stick around with them...we didn't want them to hold back on having fun by having two professors present. That was good fun and well worth the admission price. It started out with a very long haunted hayride all around the farm (though, no actual hay was involved in the hayride, which I thought was funny). As you ride around the farm, they had scenes set up all along, and some of them had live actors at them to jump out or act out parts of the scenes. That alone was worth it. Then, that drops you off at the entrance to the haunted house part that you walk through. It was AMAZINGLY done. I think it took us an hour to get through the whole thing. There were three big buildings set up, and some smaller temporary structures between, plus winding "garden" paths along the way between them all. Every room had a different scene, and really high quality props. There were actors in most of the rooms too. The really good ones were the ones where they'd distract you with one actor, such as someone behind bars screaming to be released, and while you were looking at that one, they'd sneak another one up behind you to scare you.

It was really fun because the person I was with is a real 'fraidy cat. :biggrin: The whole time, she was grabbing my arm, or trying to hide behind me. :rofl: I loved it, because you just KNOW the actors pay special attention when they see people really being scared and they ALL tried to spook us more than anyone else.

The only downside is it was drizzling on and off, and then started raining pretty hard near the end. Though, it did set the mood better...a haunted house on a dreary, rainy, dark night is perfect! When I got home, I was very thankful for a long, HOT shower though!

15. Oct 26, 2008 #14
    Sorry I missed your birthday. Hope the year ahead is full of fun. To me, it sounds like a perfect way to spend a special day..lol with a nap and then a good laugh.

16. Oct 26, 2008 #15
    Happy belated birthday Moonbear.

17. Oct 26, 2008 #16

Borek

Happy Birthday!

18. Oct 26, 2008 #17

russ_watters

Happy Birthday - sorry I missed it too. I've been doing that to peoplea lot lately.

19. Oct 26, 2008 #18

wolram

Gold Member

Oh heck, i missed the birthday, sounds like you had some fun Moonb, belated best wishes.

20. Oct 26, 2008 #19

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Happy Birthday Moonbear!

21. Oct 26, 2008 #20
    Now why did I think your birthday was on the 26th? I'll have to mark my calendar and get it right next year. I did know it was coming up, though.

Anyway, Happy Birthday MoonBear! All my best, always. Your haunted evening sounds like it was a hoot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?