Is the Universe Based on a Simple Binary Code?

In summary, the conversation discusses the belief that the universe is based on a simple binary on/off switch and that this can be seen at all scales of measurement. The speaker also mentions their everyday habit of breaking things down into a 1/0 flow chart and wonders if this is a proven concept. Another person brings up the idea of discreteness in space and how it relates to the paradox of motion. The conversation ends with the acknowledgement that their thoughts may not be directly related to each other.
lowing99
Hi Folks

Off my usual forum for a wee change, thought I'd post some thought's for discussion on a long held view of mine.

That the universe is based at it's smallest scale on a simple binary on / off switch and that as a fractal, the universe is throwing up the same designs on each scale of measurement. Logically, this if true, would suggest that if we examine the designs that nature creates on our scale, we should also find the same designs at a quantum scale and also at scales larger than the universe.

In my everyday life I am constantly examining things and trying to break them into 1/0 flow chart of activity, so far I have found nothing that can't be broken down to a simple 1/0. This is probably proven somewhere I think. Am I right in this assertion?

I don't want to go on and on, so if you fancy a chat i have more details and thoughts to support this, cheers

Best

Colin

Space news on Phys.org
Are you saying that space is discrete? I've thought for a while that the discreteness of space would finally put poor Zeno to rest; the paradox concerning the impossibility of starting motion you could resolve by simply denying that it's possible to continue dividing space into smaller and smaller pieces indefinitely. Motion is possible because of quantum mechanical tunneling. The old calculus solution that a sum of infinitely many terms can be finite avoids addressing the issue; the whole point of the paradox, to me, is that there is no smallest first term in the series. The question is not, "Can you finish motion once started?" but "How can you start motion?"

But my little thought here might be completely unrelated to what you wrote.

Sorry, this doesn't meet the minimum posting requirements for this forum.

1. What is a binary based universe?

A binary based universe is a theoretical concept that suggests our universe is made up of only two fundamental components, often referred to as 0 and 1. This means that all matter and energy in the universe can be broken down into these two elements, similar to how binary code is used in computing.

2. How does a binary based universe differ from our current understanding of the universe?

A binary based universe is a departure from the traditional understanding of the universe, which is based on the four fundamental forces of nature (gravity, electromagnetism, strong nuclear force, and weak nuclear force). It suggests that these forces are actually a result of the interactions between the two fundamental components, rather than being separate entities.

3. Is there any evidence to support the idea of a binary based universe?

Currently, there is no concrete evidence to support the concept of a binary based universe. It is still a theoretical concept and further research and experimentation would be needed to validate its existence.

4. What implications would a binary based universe have on our understanding of the universe?

If a binary based universe does exist, it would challenge our current understanding of the laws of physics and could potentially lead to new discoveries and advancements in science. It could also change the way we view the universe and our place within it.

5. How does the idea of a binary based universe relate to other scientific theories, such as string theory?

The concept of a binary based universe is not directly related to other scientific theories, but it could potentially complement or challenge them. For example, some aspects of string theory suggest that there are more than three dimensions, which could align with the idea of a binary based universe having two fundamental components. However, further research would be needed to fully explore these connections.