Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A bit of bover

1. Sep 29, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I have had a bit of agro with the internet so i told my old service provider to stick their service where the sun dont shine, and gone and fetched another one, so far so good, and i set it all up on my todness :surprised.
    Any way, i have been out an about taking photographs for a big publication ,the editor begged me to do it, so i have been kept busy, when i say a (major publication) i mean the biggest in Knightcote, i recon i will be as famous as that David Baily, or is it Arther Daily :confused: well one of the two, i will be waiting for the phone calls to flood in, all i need need now is to find out how to get my photos on to the computer and some editing softwear.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

We were woried about you!!

Oooh, are you really going to get your pictures published??

4. Sep 29, 2008 #3

wolram

Gold Member

If i can meet the deadline i am, i am not sure of the readership numbers but it must be 1000s, or 100s at least any ways up it is a first step to fame.

5. Sep 29, 2008 #4

Evo

Congratulations!!!! How wonderful!!!

Is it online?

6. Sep 29, 2008 #5

wolram

Gold Member

I think not, i just been trying to work out the number of people that have this publication, there are about 40 houses in Knightcote, and if Avon Dassett gets it that will add another 100 or so, for sure i do not know how far afield it is distrubuted.

7. Sep 29, 2008 #6

Evo

You'll have to scan it in and share!!!

8. Sep 29, 2008 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Welcome back, Woolie! Some of us were concerned when you didn't show for chat.

9. Sep 29, 2008 #8

wolram

Gold Member

Wow, that it so nice, my mom worries, she says i rang you and you wernt there, so i tell her i was out taking pictures, then she says, but i rang ten minutes later and you still wernt there, i says, mom i was out taking photos, she says , how long does it take to take a few photos.

10. Sep 29, 2008 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And we all will be able to say, "I knew him when..."

11. Sep 29, 2008 #10
    so you don't enter the photo contest here with its thousands of viewers, because you are out taking pictures for hundreds of readers. hmmm

12. Sep 29, 2008 #11

wolram

Gold Member

And i will all ways remember my PF palls, even when i am in my private jet on my way to the next shoot (thats professional talk) for photograph taking.

Tribdog only two people looked when i last posted a photo :grumpy:

13. Sep 29, 2008 #12

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Are this British expressions? Or am I just illiterate?

14. Sep 29, 2008 #13
    I have a British question. Is there really a British Council for the Arts? I got some stories published and paid for in pounds. Supposedly the British Council for the Arts or British Arts Council sponsored the project.

15. Sep 29, 2008 #14

wolram

Gold Member

My bad, Tod= alone, solo, agro=aggression, bover=trouble.

16. Sep 29, 2008 #15

wolram

Gold Member

For sure there is.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/arts.htm

But we have to use kilos now.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?