1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A boundary of age or age limit

1. Jul 27, 2012 #1
    Is there any boundary of age for any jobs such as International labs, an academic carieer in university ?

The reason why i ask you is that I'm at 29 and I still major in MSc physics or physics enginnering.
    To you, Is it a logical ? So,i have been lated to apply any job in U.S or Europe .

Thanks your help,
    Sincerely.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 29, 2012 #2
    There is but it's not a limit that's formally imposed by the institutions. It's biology.

Basically once you reach age 30-ish you have to decide whether or not you want to start a family, and if you do, then raising kids is going to limit the amount of stuff that you can do. If you are 20, it's much easier to break up with your significant other if you two have very different goals. If you are 30 to 40, then breaking up with someone is much more traumatic.

Also, there are other limits due to biology. At age 20, you can live off your parents and they can still take care of you. As you start becoming 30 and 40, your parents start turning 60 and 70, and increasingly they can't take care of you and you have to start taking care of them.

So yes, there are a lot of age related limits, but they aren't administrative.

4. Jul 30, 2012 #3
    Oh thanks for your answer and explanation. I don't think that i never do a marriage and so i live and work easily. if i study physics PhD , already i have to get a scholarship. My family don't take care of me after this my age :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook