Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I A brief history of QCD

1. Oct 24, 2016 #1
    Archeology and evolution of QCD
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1610.07466
    a ""few of the points which........illustrate well the QCD evolution (in time), both from a scientific and a sociological point of view.'

I felt much of that energy expressed in that paper because as an undergrad and grad student, I rented part of the house owned by one of the West Coast participants in that story. Though I never was invited to join the working dinners inside, after the meetings broke, the participants spilled into the patio where I was lounging about sipping wine. It was there that I met Feynman, Heisenberg, Gell-Mann, Ting and others. Heisenberg waxed metaphysical and asked me, "Nun, und warum sind Sie hier?"

The paper does a nifty job of conveying the excitement of the times, in my humble opinion.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted