1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A circuit problem

1. Aug 13, 2009 #1
    [
    Hi all. I'm new in this forum. and i thought to say welcome with a problem what makes me crazy. It is a pnp-common bjt transistor. made of silicon. the emittor current, the collector current and the base current are asked in the condition of Vin=0V. (alfa=0,98) However when the teacher wrote the kirchoff's rule for the emittor circuit and the collector circuit, he wrote:

for the emittor circuit:
    Vee-Veb-(1-alfa)Ie*50-49*Ie=0
    he took 0,6 for the Veb cause it is silicon. it is ok. and from here Iee comes out 0,002A.

but for the collector circuit:
    Vcc-Vcb-1,98Ic+0,1=0
    how 0,1 can be here? there is Ib*Rb. right? we had found 0,002A for the Ie. and when put it in the Ie=Ic+Ib equation, and use the Ic=alfa*Ie, we found 0,00004A for the Ib. and if we multiply it with Rc; 50ohm, we found 0,002A. so where is the +0,1?

we asked the confusing to the teacher, however he didn't give us a saturating reply. so i thooght to ask it to you. i will be waiting for your answers.

and also, i generally need a text book which has got plenty of example problems. (especially about transistors) could you give me some suggestions?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2009 #2
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9358/circuitw.jpg [Broken]
    sorry, i forgot the circuit picture. here it is.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook