Find Fun Classes to Fill Your Time - SCUBA, Chinese, Archery

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class Fun
In summary: I forget the other one. But it's mostly dudes.In summary, In a recent vote, it was decided that the best class to take if you want to have some fun is SCUBA diving, Mandarin Chinese, archery, or golf.
offtheleft said:
i know what you meant, i just made a funny out of it. and no, youre safe here. we migrated to AIM :)

Aawwww! You two are so sweet :!) !

Physics news on Phys.org
Honestly, I like what I'm studying too much. To me, it is fun. Outside of what I'm doing, maybe a course on public speaking, photography or graphic art.

Pure mathematics, salsa, blues and jazz guitar, shred and classical guitar.

I'm taking a class on Game Theory next semester to take up some space.

chaoseverlasting said:
Pure mathematics, salsa, blues and jazz guitar, shred and classical guitar.

i was considering taking a class on music comp. a lot of the time when i write, i just get lucky. although, I am writing for marching percussion; battery and front ensemble.

I took a college course for figure skating and followed it with a class on ice hockey. You had to take a figure skating class before the hockey class regardless of whether you could skate or not. I think I would have enjoyed another skating class instead of the hockey class. It turns out that spending time on a pond in the winter doesn't mean you're a very good skater and skating ability is pretty important in hockey.

Here's some http://encarta.msn.com/college_article_oddcourses/top_10_odd_college_courses.html. I'd like to take "The Art of Sin and the Sin of Art," class where you get to "lust with the saints and burn with the sinners."

Or, more realistically, I wouldn't mind taking a class in automotive service at our local community college. I already know how to do some simple service on a vehicle, but I wouldn't mind taking some courses on Differentials and 4WD, Suspension and Steering, Automotive Manual Transmissions/Transaxles and Clutches, etc.

Or, I could take some of their courses for adventure guides. All of them have labs - i.e. field trips, including some camping trips.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcknia07 said:
That's right. And lisab, you can't have that class with him!
Let's jack this one...

HELP!
My thread is infested with frisky teenagers! Someone get the firehose!

wolram said:
I would like to learn Latin and old English.

The guy in the office on the other side of my wall loves reciting old English verses in the late afternoon. It sounds like he is trying to conjure the dead.

SticksandStones said:
I'm taking a class on Game Theory next semester to take up some space.

I always wanted to show up to a game theory class carrying Monopoly and Pictionary.

Math Is Hard said:
I always wanted to show up to a game theory class carrying Monopoly and Pictionary.

I think I'm going to do that now.

Math Is Hard said:

HELP!
My thread is infested with frisky teenagers! Someone get the firehose!

i wish i was a teenager again :(

Ivan Seeking said:
Yes, but if you're the one doing it, you don't have to watch. :biggrin:

Ah Ha , so that is why my wife had me take down the bedroom mirror.

offtheleft said:
i wish i was a teenager again :(

I know, 'cuz you are just like sooo OLD!

Ceramics, Photography, and Graphic Design were my favourite electives. I always thought a swing dance class would be neat but I think you actually need to know how to dance for that.

MIH, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this one.
It's very expensive, but there is absolutely no better skill to learn than flying. If you can afford it, the fun and freedom it provides are unparalleled. It's also quite practical if you have to travel a lot. Which would be better—sit around in an airport for hours going through luggage checks and security, or hop into a nice Cessna and go at your convenience? :approve:

offtheleft said:
i was considering taking a class on music comp. a lot of the time when i write, i just get lucky. although, I am writing for marching percussion; battery and front ensemble.

Thats mostly why I want to take classes for music. I am largely self taught and I think I've reached a point where I need a teacher to help me along the way. I've already enrolled for the classical guitar classes and they start in Jan. I am just waiting for my exams to get over (22nd December) before I start jamming and gigging with my band again!

I took astronomy and a few survival classes, which were really very fun. One of the young people I work with is taking a flirting class, called Social Interaction. She told me they spent the entire first week on winking and other eye motions.:wink:

Danger said:
MIH, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this one.
It's very expensive, but there is absolutely no better skill to learn than flying. If you can afford it, the fun and freedom it provides are unparalleled. It's also quite practical if you have to travel a lot. Which would be better—sit around in an airport for hours going through luggage checks and security, or hop into a nice Cessna and go at your convenience? :approve:

I think I would be scared to death to try flying lessons, but some of my friends really, really love it. One of them has his own airplane and he calls it his "sanity machine".

"Mind reading"! However, I've not checked whether such a class's exist or not!:tongue: