Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Colorado Girl ♡

1. Jun 22, 2015 #1
    My name is Brianna. I am Colorado Native and wouldn't change it for the world. ☆ I love anything to do with the outdoors. Im a fashion/runway model in my spare time and work as a Business Administration Assistant for an HVAC and Roofing company. ♡ I love children, Audrey Hepburn, the color yellow, thunderstorms, my puppy Jack and my darling kitten, MJ. ♡ I don't believe in negitivity, drama, harmful judgment, or abuse. ☆ My lifetime dream: Change the world, one person at a time.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2015 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hi Briana, So what about physics do you enjoy?

4. Jun 22, 2015 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

And do you have any interest in physics at all?

EDIT: I see Evo beat me to it :smile:

5. Jun 22, 2015 #4

Evo

Ah, she logged off.

6. Jun 22, 2015 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Well, if she's interested in physics, she'll be back. If she mistakenly thought this is a chitchat forum, well ...

7. Jun 22, 2015 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Yellow makes me sad.

(cue R. Lee Ermey)

8. Jun 22, 2015 #7

berkeman

Hey, I worked for Bell Labs for a couple years in Colorado. Cut her a break.

Plus she's a stud. I remember seeing my first thunderstorm floating across a field in Northglen Colorado. That was an angry dark cloud, totally punishing the field with lightning strikes... :eek:

9. Jun 22, 2015 #8

Evo

Me thinks we've been trolled.

10. Jun 22, 2015 #9
    Most likely, but only time will tell.

11. Jun 23, 2015 #10
    Excuse me to most all of you but you're hateful, judgemental jerks for being so rude based of little you know. How about welcoming someone new by asking such interests, specific questions about them you may have or a simple "hello" would do. I do find much interest in physics, not a specialty of mine but much interest.

I found this site and felt it would be a good place to express questions, thoughts and all else on such topics but I don't know if I wish to share anything with such a hateful, degrading, judgmental people. Thank you berkeman for backing my case. I'm just extremely appalled with all action. I was asked to "introduce" myself, apologize if I'm wrong but that'd be an introduction to me. Good day to you all. Thanks for the warm welcome.

12. Jun 23, 2015 #11

berkeman

Please calm down. You'd be surprised how often we get trolled here, so folks can be a bit skeptical and cautious at times. Please just give the site a try for a while, and I think you'll find it is a great place. :smile:

13. Jun 23, 2015 #12

Evo

Hateful? We asked what about physics interested you. You saw our posts and logged off.

We did, you logged off.

So, let's restart, welcome, please tell us about your science interests. :smile:

Edit: Again, she saw my question and logged off.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  14. Jun 23, 2015 #13

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

<snippy comment deleted; I get carried away sometimes>

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  15. Jun 25, 2015 #14

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can't change the world if you're going to get upset so easily. I find it ironic that you say that you don't believe in negativity, yet you are so quick to be negative in your second post. The world involves dealing with occasional negitivity so you'll need a thicker skin than that if your dream is more than just words.

All of the people who posted here are intelligent, caring people (phinds can be like a dog who enters the room wagging his tail knocking over furniture and small appliances :oldeyes:). As berkeman stated, we get all kinds here including trolls, spammers, crackpots with their own made-up ideas of physics or people who just want someone else to solve their homework for them. Each of the people here deals with it every day without complaint. I've learned a lot from all of them in the six years that I've been on the forum. There isn't anyplace I would rather be on the internet.

16. Jun 25, 2015 #15

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Arf !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook