Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Conversation with Dr Edgar Mitchell About UFOs

1. Jun 29, 2004 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 4, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Interesting. Thanks for the post. :smile:

4. Jul 4, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I must say though, I take issue with a number of his comments. For example:

I am reasonably convinced that the MAJIC12 documents are bogus. Honestly, I will have to do a little review to recall what convinced me of this. I think it hinges on Truman's signature??? I think an exact duplicate of Truman's signature was found on another document; indicating that this was copied to the newly forged, MAJIC12 documents. A side note, IIRC Stan Friedman thinks they are authentic? Is that right?

I am aware of most of his [Dr. Mitchell's ]convictions but this comment really surprises me. Combined with Barry Goldwater's public comments about Roswell before his death this all gets a little interesting. Fact is though, I don't buy the crashed UFO scenario. I am still open to the possibility, a little, since there certainly are some bothersome and interesting facts about the case, but all in all I find that most paths to Roswell are a dead end. For all of my researching I have never found any solid evidence of the most extreme claims like that of MAJIC12. At best, the evidence is always flimsy. Logically, after a time this fact alone gets really bothersome.

I do think some number of strange things may happen from time to time, but I tend to think that no one really understands the complete answer here. Note that even Dr. Mtichell only claims second hand knowledge of any actual ET presense. Correct? Corso is one of the only people who claims a direct, personal observation of the alien bodies. Do you agree? Same with Goldwater. We have a story but no direct observation. Again, really just hearsay; even though it comes from Goldwater.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2004
  5. Jul 13, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

FYI, I wanted to verify that the person identified as Ed Mitchell at the link given is in fact Dr. Edward Mitchell, [make that Edgar Mitchell... obviously :yuck:] the former astronaut. I sent a request for verification to Dr. Mitchells institute http://www.noetic.org/index.cfm, and received the following.

So it seems that the site is genuine.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?