A Different Zoo: Live Animals Feeding on Each Other

• Thread starter Airman
  • Start date
In summary, the animals are being eaten live in a zoo setting and it is not legal. I do not think it would be popular.
Airman
Imagine going to a special zoo - a very special zoo:

How much would you pay to see a live polar bear feeding - using penguins? (I know they don't live together in the wild, but I'm sure the bear would eat them)

What about pulling a chunk of meat a 60 mph through a cheetah exhibit and watching it catch it?

Tiger eating a live deer (deer are cheaper than gazelle)

Sharks ripping apart live stuff

Leopard Seal eating penguins live

Crocodiles eating live stuff (like penguins)

Grizzly eating deer

A wolverine taking down something big

So here is the question: How would the public perceive this, how would the law deal with this? Is it legal? The animals are being eaten... Maybe this wouldn't be possible in the U.S., but do you think it would be popular?

Physics news on Phys.org
Airman said:

How much would you pay to see a live polar bear feeding - using penguins? (I know they don't live together in the wild, but I'm sure the bear would eat them)

What about pulling a chunk of meat a 60 mph through a cheetah exhibit and watching it catch it?

Grizzly eating deer

So here is the question: How would the public perceive this, how would the law deal with this? Is it legal? The animals are being eaten... Maybe this wouldn't be possible in the U.S., but do you think it would be popular?

Why would you need to see it live in a zoo setting? You can see plenty of good documentary videos on the subject, without leaving home. Or you can head out into the wild. Seems like trying to do it in a captive, zoo setting would not add value, and there would be plenty of objections.

No, I don't think it would be popular at all.

Btw, I volunteer at a local zoo, and one of the sharks just started a new behavior: now and again, she eats a tank mate. She's quite old, and the keepers aren't sure if this odd behavior is age related.

Most people get frozen turkeys, chickens, pork, beef... so I guess they wouldn't like the zoo. I don't know what would be wrong in that kind of zoo. I believe you can go to Africa/Antartic/other wild areas and see this live anyway with some patience.

Airman said:

Grizzly eating deer

theyd run out of animals, unless they just did these in live shows, but if they fed the polar bears penguins 24/7...

I don't think promoting cruelty to animals for the entertainment of humans will ever get very far. Like people have said previously. You can see these things in the wild if you so wish. Thread closed.

1. What is "A Different Zoo: Live Animals Feeding on Each Other"?

"A Different Zoo: Live Animals Feeding on Each Other" is a scientific experiment that involves placing live animals in a controlled environment and observing their natural feeding behaviors. The goal of this experiment is to gain a better understanding of predator-prey relationships and the role of feeding in the animal kingdom.

2. How is this experiment conducted?

The experiment involves selecting a variety of animals, including predators and prey, and placing them in a designated area with ample space and natural resources such as food and water. The animals are then observed for a period of time to see how they interact and feed on each other.

3. What are the potential benefits of this experiment?

This experiment can provide valuable insights into the natural behaviors and interactions of animals in a controlled environment. It can also help scientists understand the role of feeding in maintaining balance and stability in ecosystems.

4. Is this experiment ethical?

As scientists, we take the ethical treatment of animals very seriously. This experiment is conducted under strict guidelines and regulations to ensure the safety and well-being of all animals involved. All animals are properly cared for and monitored throughout the duration of the experiment.

5. What are the potential risks of this experiment?

There are some potential risks involved in this experiment, such as injury or aggression between animals. To minimize these risks, the experiment is carefully planned and monitored by trained professionals. Any potential risks are also weighed against the potential benefits of the experiment.