Disturbing Blog: Explosive Posts on PF User's Blog

• Thread starter nrqed
  • Start date
In summary: PF user's blog about making explosives, which is a clear violation of Forum policy. He brought this to the attention of the administrators and trusts that they will handle the situation appropriately. He also mentions receiving a quick and courteous response from Evo, showing that the website is well administered and efficient.
nrqed
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I don't know if I am the only one bothered a bit by this but I log on today and notice two new posts on a PF user's blog which are about making explosives. One entry is about a "Battery Bomb" and the other about making black powder. I just would like to bring the attention of the people in charge. It's up to them to decide if this is acceptable.

Regards

Patrick

Physics news on Phys.org
To Evo: I e-mailed you but the system told me that your mailbox was too full to receive messages. The user name is (name deleted by Moonbear...thanks for the heads up!)

Thanks for your quick response.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a clear violation of Forum policy: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374

Illegal/Dangerous Activities:
Explicit "how to" discussions of illegal and/or dangerous activities, or posts advocating such activities, are prohibited; such as: how to make explosives, manufacture crack, steal software, hack into the CIA, ...

I'm sure the Mentors will/have take/n necessary actions.

Gokul43201 said:
It is a clear violation of Forum policy: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374

I'm sure the Mentors will/have take/n necessary actions.

They did. I got an extremely quick and courteous response from Evo. I was impressed. This is a truly well administered and efficient website!

Patrick

What is the "Disturbing Blog" about?

The "Disturbing Blog" is a personal blog created by a user on the online forum, PF (Physics Forums). The blog contains posts about sensitive and potentially explosive topics, such as controversial scientific theories, political opinions, and personal experiences.

Who is the author of the "Disturbing Blog"?

The author of the "Disturbing Blog" is a user on PF who goes by the username "PFUser". The identity of PFUser is unknown, as the user has chosen to remain anonymous.

What kind of posts can be found on the "Disturbing Blog"?

The posts on the "Disturbing Blog" vary in content and can cover a wide range of topics, including but not limited to physics, politics, and personal anecdotes. The common thread among the posts is that they are often controversial and can be considered disturbing to some readers.

Why is the "Disturbing Blog" causing concern among the scientific community?

The "Disturbing Blog" has caused concern among the scientific community due to the sensitive and potentially explosive nature of its posts. Some of the topics discussed on the blog go against mainstream scientific theories and may be seen as promoting misinformation or pseudoscience. Additionally, the anonymity of the author raises questions about the credibility and reliability of the information presented on the blog.

What actions can be taken regarding the "Disturbing Blog"?

Since the "Disturbing Blog" is a personal blog and not affiliated with any official scientific organization, there is limited action that can be taken. However, readers can report any concerning content to the moderators of PF or choose to ignore the blog altogether. It is important to approach the blog with a critical mindset and not take any information presented on it at face value.