Time Measurement in MT Traversable Wormholes - Help Needed

In summary, the conversation discusses the confusion surrounding equations (38a) and (38b) in the article about time dilation in special relativity. The person is questioning why the time measured by the traveler is not his proper time, as they believe it should be. The author agrees with this perspective but is unsure of how equation (38) is derived. They seek clarification on the origin of this equation.
wLw
I am reading this article now :http://www.cmp.caltech.edu/refael/league/thorne-morris.pdf. And i am a little bit confused about the Eq.(38a)and Eq.(38b), which means the time measured by traverller and people in the sataion, and I just think the time measured by traveller should be his proper time ,but Eq.(38) is not that. I wonder where is Eq(38) from. Could you help me ?
1.png

Physics news on Phys.org
wLw said:
I just think the time measured by traveller should be his proper time
Near as I can tell the author agrees with you:
1576171773303.png

yeah but i wonder how do Eq.(38) derive?

1. What is a MT traversable wormhole?

A MT traversable wormhole is a hypothetical tunnel-like structure that connects two distant points in space-time. It is often described as a shortcut through space-time, allowing for faster-than-light travel.

2. How does time measurement work in MT traversable wormholes?

Time measurement in MT traversable wormholes is complex and theoretical. It is based on the concept of time dilation, where time passes at different rates depending on the speed and gravitational forces in a given location. In a wormhole, time may pass differently on either side, creating a time difference between the two points.

3. Can time travel be achieved through MT traversable wormholes?

There is currently no scientific evidence to suggest that time travel is possible through MT traversable wormholes. While the theory allows for the possibility, the practical application and feasibility are still unknown.

4. How do scientists measure time in MT traversable wormholes?

Since MT traversable wormholes are still a theoretical concept, there is no established method for measuring time within them. Scientists may use mathematical models and simulations to theorize how time would behave in a wormhole, but actual measurement is not possible at this time.

5. What are the potential implications of time measurement in MT traversable wormholes?

If MT traversable wormholes were to exist and time measurement within them were possible, it could have significant implications for space travel and our understanding of the universe. It could potentially open up new avenues for exploration and challenge our current understanding of the laws of physics.