A faulty model rocket

In summary, the model rocket moves in the xy-plane with a_{x}(t)= \alpha t^{2} and a_{y}(t)= \beta - \gamma t, where \alpha = 2.50 {\rm m}/{\rm s}^{4}, \beta = 9.00 {\rm m}/{\rm s}^{2}, and \gamma = 1.40 {\rm m}/{\rm s}^{3} . At t = 0, the rocket has velocity {\vec{v}}_{0} = {v}_{0x} \hat{ i } + v_{0y} \hat{ j } with v_{0x} = 1.00 {\rm
mohd22
1. A faulty model rocket moves in the xy-plane (the positive y-direction is vertically upward). The rocket's acceleration has components a_{x}(t)= \alpha t^{2} and a_{y}(t)= \beta - \gamma t, where \alpha = 2.50 {\rm m}/{\rm s}^{4}, \beta = 9.00 {\rm m}/{\rm s}^{2}, and \gamma = 1.40 {\rm m}/{\rm s}^{3} . At t = 0 the rocket is at the origin and has velocity {\vec{v}}_{0} = {v}_{0x} \hat{ i } + v_{0y} \hat{ j } with v_{0x} = 1.00 {\rm m}/{\rm s} and v_{0y} = 7.00 {\rm m}/{\rm s} .

2. Calculate the velocity vector as a function of time.
Express your answer in terms of v_0x, v_0y, beta, gamma, and alpha. Write the vector \vec{v}(t) in the form v(t)_x, v(t)_y, where the x and y components are separated by a comma.

Calculate the position vector as a function of time.
Express your answer in terms of v_0x, v_0y, beta, gamma, and alpha. Write the vector r(t)_vec in the form r(t)_x, r(t)_y where the x and y components are separated by a comma

Your answer should be an expression, not an equation.

Physics news on Phys.org
Since your post contains LaTeX code, you might find the [ tex] and [ itex] tags useful (without the space), like so:
[tex]a_{x}(t)= \alpha t^{2}[/tex] (display mode for use on separate line)
[itex]a_{x}(t)= \alpha t^{2}[/itex] (text mode for inline use)
- you can click on them to see the code.

As for your question, you are given the acceleration and asked the velocity. That seems rather straightforward to me. What did you try already?

1. What could cause a model rocket to malfunction?

There are several potential factors that could lead to a faulty model rocket, including incorrect assembly, low-quality materials, or improper launch conditions.

2. How can I prevent my model rocket from failing?

To minimize the risk of a malfunction, it is important to carefully follow the instructions provided with your model rocket kit and double-check all components before launching. Additionally, make sure to launch in an open outdoor space with minimal wind and check weather conditions beforehand.

3. What should I do if my model rocket malfunctions during launch?

If your model rocket experiences a failure during launch, immediately move away from the launch site and do not attempt to retrieve the rocket until it has completely stopped moving. Take precautionary measures to ensure safety, such as wearing protective gear and notifying others in the area.

4. Can faulty model rockets be repaired?

In some cases, a faulty model rocket may be repairable, depending on the extent of the damage. Small parts or components may be replaced, but if the rocket suffered significant damage, it may be better to start over with a new kit.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when launching a model rocket?

Yes, it is important to always follow safety guidelines when launching a model rocket. This includes launching in an open space away from people, buildings, and power lines, using protective gear, and checking weather conditions beforehand. It is also recommended to have a fire extinguisher nearby in case of emergency.