1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A few AP CHEM exam questions

1. Jan 5, 2007 #1
    i have a take home "test" that my teacher allows me to use other resources including my book.

i really didnt understand kinetics.
    can you explain to me by answering these questions?

4)(c) Provide a molecular explanation for the dependence of the rate of the forward reaction on the concentrations of the reactants.

(d) Provide a molecular explanation for the dependence of the rate of the forward reaction on temperature.

** and i also dont understand how to do an equilibrium graph:

PCl3(g) + Cl2(g) <===> PCl5(g)

Suppose that 2 moles of PCl3 and 1 mol of Cl2 are mixed in a closed container at constant temperature. Draw a graph that shows how the concentrations of PCl3, Cl2, and PCl5 change with time until after equilibrium has been firmly established.

(b) give the initial rate law for the forward reaction.

we didnt even learn equilibrium yet.

AND one last question:

can you explain to me

(c) Burning coal containing a significant amount of sulfur leads to "acid rain."

i have to do this during break, and my breaks done.

so pleeeeeease help me.

thank you very much.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2007 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pleeease read the Guidelines again (see my signature for link). We can't help you unless you show some effort first.

Does your textbook not have a chapter on kinetics and a chapter on equilibria?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?