Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A few questions

1. Nov 24, 2005 #1
    am i right to assume that zero point energy is the energy that a piece of matter must have to equal its mass via E=mc^2 or is it something else. also with the copperhaggen interpretation is it right to assume that by following it in its most literal scence that it implies that god exists.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2005 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, that is not what ZPE is. What you've described is known as the rest energy of a body. And the CI does not imply that god exists.

4. Nov 25, 2005 #3
    Hmm... I know this guy, he might not connect to the internet until monday. He believes that we have created god by observing him and deeply believing that he exists and believes that everything is possible, he also then told me that we have created the laws of physics by believing in them. i dont know if he's right about this one, can someone point me in the right direction: he simplified the CI so it says "If you are not observing it, it does not exist."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?