1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A First Course in Loop Quantum Gravity

1. Sep 19, 2011 #1
    by Rodolfo Gambini and Jorge Pullin

I just recently became really interested in quantum gravity. I'm studying astronomy, but I am keeping my interest in quantum gravity as a bit of a hobby. It would have been nice to be able to go to the Zakopane summer school, but I got into this too late...

But I was able to get a pre-print version of this book. It is based off a class Professor Pullin taught at LSU in 2010, I think. The preface claims that the authors wanted to keep the book short in order to get it out sooner or something like that. And it is quite short.

Has anyone here gotten a chance to look through it? I thought it was well written for what it was aiming for, but it can't really bridge the gap to the big texts (Rovelli, Thiemann).

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted