Master ETABS with Help from Fellow Civil Engineers at a Top Forum | CSI Berkeley

• Thread starter yabi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's experience as a civil engineer learning the structural analysis program ETABS produced by CSI. They are looking for recommendations on where to find tutors and data about ETABS and prefer a forum for Q&A with others. The speaker also mentions creating a video tutorial in Bangla language and provides links for more information and sample projects on ETABS."
yabi
I am a civil engineer and trying to master a structural analysis program called ETABS which is produced by CSI company.
http://www.csiberkeley.com/etabs

I am not sure if this forum is a correct place to ask relevant questions. Where do you do recommend to look for tutors and data about ETABS? Also I should add that I prefer a forum to have Q/A with others.

BR
Yabi

Engineering news on Phys.org
I am making a video tutorial about Etabs.But it is in Bangla language.Don't worry it is detailed tutorial.Moreover you can directly contact me if you do not understand any of the video tutorial.Thanks.Just visit the link and make a comment whether you understand or not.

visit http://techcivil.blogspot.com/ for more information.

You can find a large sample projects at http://www.comp-engineering.com/havuz.html . also you can visit CSI official web site.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is ETABS?

ETABS (Extended 3D Analysis of Building Systems) is a computer-aided engineering software program used for structural analysis and design of buildings. It is commonly used by structural engineers to model, analyze, and design concrete and steel structures.

2. How does ETABS work?

ETABS uses finite element analysis to model and analyze building structures. It takes into account various factors such as material properties, loading conditions, and support conditions to determine the structural behavior and response of the building. It also has a user-friendly interface for designing and detailing structural elements.

3. What are the benefits of using ETABS?

ETABS offers many benefits for structural engineers, including efficient modeling and analysis capabilities, accurate and reliable results, and the ability to handle complex building geometries. It also has advanced features for seismic and wind analysis, as well as options for designing and optimizing structural elements.

4. How can I learn how to use ETABS?

There are many resources available for learning how to use ETABS. You can start by reading the user manual and tutorials provided by the software developer. There are also online courses, webinars, and workshops offered by third-party organizations that specialize in training for ETABS. Additionally, practicing on real-world projects and seeking guidance from experienced engineers can also help improve your skills.

5. Can ETABS be used for all types of buildings?

Yes, ETABS can be used for a wide range of building types, including residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional structures. It can handle various structural systems such as concrete, steel, and composite structures. However, it is important to note that ETABS is primarily used for buildings and may not be suitable for other types of structures such as bridges or dams.