Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A free reader for Powerpoint ?

1. Nov 15, 2005 #1

marcus

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

DOES ANYONE know of where to download something that will read powerpoint files?

the Mac I am using does fine. but someone else who I think uses a PC is having trouble

some physicists are putting their lecture slides out in PPT form
    everybody should be able to read these files who wants

what should the generic PC user do, to read PPT?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2005 #2
  4. Nov 15, 2005 #3

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Try OpenOffice:

http://www.openoffice.org/

5. Nov 16, 2005 #4
  6. Dec 1, 2005 #5
    A further question on PPT.....how do I go about uploading a PPT file onto my website? I've been self-learning PPT and would like to get some of the animations and such up on the net. Any ideas or pointers welcome,

Thanks,

Richard

7. Dec 2, 2005 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A PowerPoint file is just like any other file, as far as the web is concerned. Upload the file via (e.g.) ftp to the server, putting it in the appropriate directory. Then, either give people the entire path to the file, or put a link to it in an html file.

- Warren

8. Dec 2, 2005 #7
    You could use the Save As Web Page function in Powerpoint 2003 (maybe in 2000 as well?). I'm not sure if you get animations, but its worth a try. All else fails you could always screen-capture a video of your presentation playing and upload that instead :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?