A freethinker

• Thread starter rick1138
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Here is an interview with freethinker W. Sumner Davis about the history of the Christian church.

http://foody.org/freethoughtradio.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I almost deleted this due to the religious reference.

Religion discussions are not allowed.

Since the site linked addresses a more general theme, and as long as we stay away from debunking mainstream religious beliefs specifically, I see no problem.

Last edited:
I apologize, I didn't realize.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by rick1138
I apologize, I didn't realize.
No problem. For this forum, this is really a fine line. I can only do my best to interpret things as we go. We just can't start getting into religious doctrine specifically [to be debunked]. Then again, when we attempt to debunk John Edwards we are already into religion. . Since Edwards is considered to have a cult following, and since he does not represent any particular mainstream religious belief, I see him as fringe - even for the relgious - and therefore fair game. On the other hand, Catholic, or Methodist, or Muslim religious doctrines would not be OK to attempt to debunk. If we did, we would have to allow the counter arguments; then we may has well bring back the religion forum.

Maybe it would be better to just delete this thread after all.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by rick1138
Maybe it would be better to just delete this thread after all.
The site linked appeared to address a wide range of subjects. Was this a false impression?

No, not at all.