Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A freethinker

1. Sep 25, 2003 #1
    Here is an interview with freethinker W. Sumner Davis about the history of the Christian church.

http://foody.org/freethoughtradio.html

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 25, 2003 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I almost deleted this due to the religious reference.

Religion discussions are not allowed.

Since the site linked addresses a more general theme, and as long as we stay away from debunking mainstream religious beliefs specifically, I see no problem.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2003
  4. Sep 25, 2003 #3
    I apologize, I didn't realize.

5. Sep 25, 2003 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No problem. For this forum, this is really a fine line. I can only do my best to interpret things as we go. We just can't start getting into religious doctrine specifically [to be debunked]. Then again, when we attempt to debunk John Edwards we are already into religion. . Since Edwards is considered to have a cult following, and since he does not represent any particular mainstream religious belief, I see him as fringe - even for the relgious - and therefore fair game. On the other hand, Catholic, or Methodist, or Muslim religious doctrines would not be OK to attempt to debunk. If we did, we would have to allow the counter arguments; then we may has well bring back the religion forum.

6. Sep 25, 2003 #5
    Maybe it would be better to just delete this thread after all.

7. Sep 25, 2003 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The site linked appeared to address a wide range of subjects. Was this a false impression?

8. Sep 25, 2003 #7
    No, not at all.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?