Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A fun project

1. Nov 23, 2009 #1
    Finally a reason to post

I am currently working through Linus Pauling's General Chemistry because I want to become a neuroscientist, and I obviously need to know chemistry for this field. But there is no comprehensive solutions manual as of yet!! So I started working on one on wikibooks:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Category:Solutions_to_General_Chemistry [Broken]

I need a lot of help. The first few chapters appeal to physics theories I have little to no knowledge of (I am a linguistics student at this juncture), and there are probably mistakes, ambiguities, and areas where I just can't contribute anything at this time

It would be really cool if we could compile this manual into something worthy of typesetting in LaTeX. I realize you can't do much if you don't have the book, but I will make an effort to include more of the original problems even when I can't solve them

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted