1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A gauss meter_help

  1. Mar 19, 2010 #1
    im working in a project requires a measuring of magnetic Fields
    all i need right now is a device to build up a gauss meter i have found a one using a hall effect
    transistor here in this link http://www.coolmagnetman.com/magmeter.htm
    but these hall effect transistor isnt found in Egypt
    so any one can tell me ant other device can be used
    like a certin transistor maybe Mosfets
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2010 #2
    There is an easy way to measure magnetic fields using only wire, an op-amp, a resistor, capacitor, and a voltmeter, if you have a big enough volume of uniform field (about a 5-cm cube). This because Faraday's Law may be written

    ∫V·dt = -∫B·dA

    (So volts times seconds = Teslas times m2)

    See my post # 27 in


    Bob S
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook