Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A german translation request

  1. Mar 28, 2008 #1
    Can anyone identify the word something like


    and give me the english translation?

    It is the homeomorphism where you evaluate the elements by plugging elements from another space. Well, that is not a good sentence...

    Suppose you consider the polynomial ring [itex]\mathbb{R}[\xi][/itex] and you start taking elements from that space and plugging complex numbers into the indeterminate to create a mapping [itex]\mathbb{C}[/itex] to most probably [itex]\mathbb{C}[/itex] or a subspace of it.

    Hmm... this is not good also but I hope you get the idea, sorry for the sloppiness but I am actually looking for it to study.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2008 #2
    I've hever heard (or read) that word. Do you mean "Einsetzunghomöomorphismus" or ""Auswertungshomöomorphismus"..? Where did you come across this word?

    What about this:
    http://planetmath.org/encyclopedia/EvaluationHomomorphism.html [Broken]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  4. Mar 28, 2008 #3
    Damn, all those letters and I miss only one of them, that made my search completely useless. Nevertheless, thank you very much for the fast response....
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook