Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Girl with an X-ray vision and Pravda

1. Jan 15, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does anyone remember when Pravda only told the government's lies? I am posting this as a reminder that IMHO, Pravda is not a valid news source.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/11797_phenomenon.html

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2004 #2
    Seems awfully freaky to me. The only thing that comes to mind is a superhero.

4. Jan 16, 2004 #3
    Thanks for alerting us to the danger. Since I, and all my acquaintainces read Pravda religiously every day we may well have otherwise fallen into their snare of misinformation.

5. Jan 16, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Re: A Girl with an X-ray vision and Pravda

Well I'm not surprised. Is this where you came up with your secret high speed Iranian helicopters that can out run an F4 fighter jet; and then land on another secret high speed craft that is in flight and that can also out run an F4?

Pravda is a common source for fringe stories. Many people don't realize that this is no longer a mainstream publication.

6. Jan 16, 2004 #5
    Re: Re: Re: A Girl with an X-ray vision and Pravda

Who said they were Iranian helecopters?
    As you pointed out Pravda was never considered a reliable source of any kind of information.

7. Jan 16, 2004 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Girl with an X-ray vision and Pravda

Iraqi?

True. Unfortunately many people seem to think otherwise. Pravda is one of the best sources of fringe, garbage information.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?