Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Good Book About Math

1. Jan 16, 2015 #1
    Hi, i'm a student of engineering.
    I'm learning physics from the books of Feynman. As the time goes by i realize that i know VERY little about math.
    So i'm looking for some math books that are analogue to the Feynman books but for the math, i mean i want a book, or a set of books that are able to give me a sound understanding of math, in specifics the basics, if they exist in mathematics. I have puts my hands on What Is Mathematics by Courant but it is not such a deep work in my opinion since it never even answer the question given in the title...but it's a very good "starter".
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  4. Jan 16, 2015 #3
    mhhh....no...that is not the kind of stuff for what i'm looking for. Watching the contents of the books concepts like the set theory are not there. I want a book that can answer very basic question of mathematics, like: what do we mean by demonstration? how the Russel paradox was teated? what is the incompletness theorem by Godel?

5. Jan 16, 2015 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  6. Jan 17, 2015 #5
    i'm going to take a look!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook