1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Good Book About Math

1. Jan 16, 2015 #1
    Hi, i'm a student of engineering.
    I'm learning physics from the books of Feynman. As the time goes by i realize that i know VERY little about math.
    So i'm looking for some math books that are analogue to the Feynman books but for the math, i mean i want a book, or a set of books that are able to give me a sound understanding of math, in specifics the basics, if they exist in mathematics. I have puts my hands on What Is Mathematics by Courant but it is not such a deep work in my opinion since it never even answer the question given in the title...but it's a very good "starter".
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  4. Jan 16, 2015 #3
    mhhh....no...that is not the kind of stuff for what i'm looking for. Watching the contents of the books concepts like the set theory are not there. I want a book that can answer very basic question of mathematics, like: what do we mean by demonstration? how the Russel paradox was teated? what is the incompletness theorem by Godel?

5. Jan 16, 2015 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  6. Jan 17, 2015 #5
    i'm going to take a look!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook