A good C++ compiler for windows 8

You've told us that you have downloaded three compilers and none of them "works", but gave no details about what this means until we asked. What we know now is that your pirated copy of Visual Studio 2010 is outdated or installed incorrectly or something. You didn't provide any details about why the other two compilers don't work. When you describe a software product as not working, without any details of what that means, you can't expect someone else to be able to diagnose the problem and offer a solution. That's what we mean by being vague.
Not to be rude but I didn't ask for a diagnosis, this thread was about getting a new compiler but thanks anyway.
Several possible compilers were suggested, but you said your laptop's disk drive had only 4 GB left, and you didn't have any money for another drive. Since the three compilers you currently have aren't working, I suggest uninstalling them, which should free up some space on your disk drive. Also, uninstall any other applications that you aren't using, as well as pictures and games and whatever stuff you have stored that you don't really need and is cluttering up your drive. After you clean things out,
I had already uninstalled the compilers.
it would be a good idea to defrag your disk so that it has lots of contiguous space.
I always defrag

Start by emptying the recycle bin. Then, what voko said.
I always empty the recycle bin.

As I have found a good one there is no need to keep posting replies. Thanks everyone for all your help have a nice day. :smile:

Not to be rude but I didn't ask for a diagnosis, this thread was about getting a new compiler but thanks anyway.
How else were we to respond to your questions? At each step we answered your questions to the best of our abilities, based on the scant information that you provided. If you pose a vaguely described problem to a bunch of scientists and engineers, you are most likely going to be asked a lot of questions to clarify the problem, and will probably get a diagnosis. After suggesting several compilers, you said that you didn't have room on your hard drive, so we made some suggestions how you might make some room on it.
I had already uninstalled the compilers.
You didn't tell us this. If you had, we wouldn't have suggested it.
I always defrag
You didn't mention this either.
I always empty the recycle bin.
Also not mentioned.
As I have found a good one there is no need to keep posting replies. Thanks everyone for all your help have a nice day. :smile:
Thread closed.