Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A 'Good News' Thread

1. Jun 21, 2005 #1
    A small victory for whales (and a slightly positive sign for the 'humaneness' of humanity):
    However,
    Link to the International Whaling Commission's Homepage: http://www.iwcoffice.org/index.htm

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2005 #2
    Wow, good news in the Political section? That is good news. Over fishing in general is an important environmental issue, that once taken too far, there would be no recovery. Japan has certainly been one the major culprits.

And speaking of the environment, in an interview on MSNBC I was glad to hear McCain say the U.S. needs to get with the program on global warming--especially before expecting China and India to do likewise.

4. Jun 21, 2005 #3

Art

What's fishing got to do with whales? :tongue2: jk

5. Jun 22, 2005 #4
    :rolleyes: smarty-pants!

6. Jun 22, 2005 #5

Danger

Gold Member

If this trend keeps up, pretty soon Arildno is going to have to catch his own dinner.

7. Jun 22, 2005 #6
    Yep - sometimes all this bad news totally overwhelms me - it was great to have some good news to point out for a change :smile:
    Too true about the over-fishing, 2CentsWorth - I feel most sorry for the 'small' fishermen, whose entire livelihood has disappeared as a result of overfishing by massive trawlers. A google search for more information on this topic brought up Chapter 4 of the Hypertext Book on Biodiversity and Conservation http://darwin.bio.uci.edu/~sustain/bio65/lec04/b65lec04.htm - looks like an informative reference...
    Good stuff, 2CentsWorth - I was hoping others would contribute more good news on this thread :biggrin:

8. Jun 22, 2005 #7
    :eek: Good one, Danger :rofl: :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?