1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A help for plasma jet

1. Nov 18, 2014 #1
    hi every one

i'm alireza from sampad highschool (iran)
    first, excuse me for my bad english
    i want to have a research about plasma jet ...
    i know nothing about plasma and plasma jet but my subject is about it !

i bought a book (name: "
    Hans C. Ohanian
    " ) and want your opinion about my choose...

and i need sites that explain about my subject

thank you for your help ( @admin : i did't know where should i post so excuse me !!!!! )

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2014 #2
    If you are searching for recommendations for material go to science textbook subforum. Just in short:
    Plasma is a state of matter along with fluid, solid, gas like. It is ionized gas.

4. Nov 18, 2014 #3
    can you give me a link ? (i'm new in forum)

5. Nov 18, 2014 #4
    For material? It depends on what you are trying to do. Are you looking for a maths based site(pdf...) or a basic introduction to plasma and plasma jets?

6. Nov 18, 2014 #5
    heheh i need full information about that i have one month time to research about plasma jet .... and 3 months later i should make a full reseach (Thesis)
    our lessons are like university they are so hard .... and i know i can learn it only give me a full topic or pdf about plasma and plasma jet tnx :)
    (i'm only 17 years old and i know you wondered about that ... but it's one of our easy researches :D

7. Nov 18, 2014 #6
    There do not seem to be any usefull pdf's I can find. Additionally I do not know that much about the field I just know about plasma, sorry. There will cirtenly be good books in the libary of your shool? or University or in online bookshops of they do not have some in odinary books shops. May the force be with you!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  8. Nov 18, 2014 #7

in my school ? i don't think so .... my subject is very hard
    my Assistant Professor is walter lewin from MIT (we talk with email )
    thank you alot i'll go to sharif university library and will search about my subject

thank you . good bye

9. Nov 18, 2014 #8
    excuse me one more question :D
    where can i have a conversation with students (collegians) ??????
    Because Aerospace Engineers can help me about plasma jet

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook