A high-speed land and water vehicle drives on the River Thames

In summary, the Aquada is a vehicle designed to reach speeds of 100mph on land and over 30mph on water, with the ability to switch between the two surfaces at the push of a button. It is receiving positive reviews for its improved design and potential market appeal. There is also interest in a possible flying or SUV version.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The Aquada is designed to reach speeds of 100mph on land and over 30mph on water and can switch between the two surfaces at the switch of a button

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030903/168/55cdt.html&e=1&ncid=1756

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm waiting for the flying version myself...

You know that it just had to be in jolly old England...

Now that is a major improvement! I've always loved the concept of the amphicar, but the old ones were butt-ugly and dead slow in the water. This one looks like it might actually find a market.

COOOL ! :smile:
What's its range on water ?

I think I'll wait for the SUV version so I can fancy myself a rugged outdoorsman who goes offroad.

1. What is the purpose of a high-speed land and water vehicle driving on the River Thames?

The purpose of a high-speed land and water vehicle driving on the River Thames is to provide a unique and thrilling experience for passengers, combining the speed and agility of a traditional land vehicle with the ability to navigate through water.

2. How does the vehicle transition from land to water?

The vehicle is equipped with specialized wheels that can retract and extend, allowing it to seamlessly transition from land to water. It also has a powerful engine and propellers for propulsion in the water.

3. Is it safe to drive on the River Thames?

Yes, the vehicle is designed and tested to meet strict safety regulations and is operated by trained professionals. All necessary safety measures are taken to ensure the safety of passengers and other waterway users.

4. How fast can the vehicle go?

The vehicle can reach speeds of up to 80 miles per hour on land and up to 30 miles per hour on water, providing an exhilarating experience for passengers.

5. Can anyone drive the vehicle?

No, the vehicle can only be operated by trained professionals who have the necessary licenses and experience to safely navigate on both land and water. Passengers can sit back and enjoy the ride without worrying about operating the vehicle.