1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A jumble of questions realtive to chemistry

1. Aug 3, 2005 #1
    i just started an ap chemistry class (a year earlier than is generally allowed) therefore i am having some questions being of less background teaching.. this post my be followed by others of similar nature...and i hope some of you would like to help. (this is all on summerwork, and does not face any immediate attention needs, it may go on for more than a day)

-how does one determine the type of hybridization used in covalent bonding (sp- sp^2...etc)

-how would one predict electron configuration of an atom? (ex.Rb- [Ar]4s^2, 3d^10, 4p^6)

-how to find/estimate (the change in)H(degrees)(subscript-f)

-one i have just now come upon...how to use greek symbols, and subcripts/superscripts/degrees symbols...etc on these forums or the computer in general

-how to predict the bond angles of ions/molecules

-how to predict polarity

also how to predict the physical structure of a molecule/ion (ex. i keep seeing t-shaped... planar square...trigonal planar etc.)
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2005 #2
    or perhaps this should be moved to college level bacause it is an ap class?... if anyone thinks i should start a second thread let me know, though these seem fairly basic questions, and i have a basic understandinng of a few
  4. Aug 3, 2005 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You need to read a text, no one's going to be able to explain all of this online.
  5. Aug 3, 2005 #4
    well any one answer would be helpfull, and i have read the text, and have found many answers, just not these... what else is a homework help type forum for other than answering questions

(in particular predictingn electron configuration/ and mabye polarity if you need to single a couple out)
  6. Aug 3, 2005 #5
    keep in mind this is a few months worth of questions
  7. Aug 3, 2005 #6

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you have a specific question I'm sure you'll get more replies
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?