Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: A jumble of questions realtive to chemistry

1. Aug 3, 2005 #1
    i just started an ap chemistry class (a year earlier than is generally allowed) therefore i am having some questions being of less background teaching.. this post my be followed by others of similar nature...and i hope some of you would like to help. (this is all on summerwork, and does not face any immediate attention needs, it may go on for more than a day)

-how does one determine the type of hybridization used in covalent bonding (sp- sp^2...etc)

-how would one predict electron configuration of an atom? (ex.Rb- [Ar]4s^2, 3d^10, 4p^6)

-how to find/estimate (the change in)H(degrees)(subscript-f)

-one i have just now come upon...how to use greek symbols, and subcripts/superscripts/degrees symbols...etc on these forums or the computer in general

-how to predict the bond angles of ions/molecules

-how to predict polarity

also how to predict the physical structure of a molecule/ion (ex. i keep seeing t-shaped... planar square...trigonal planar etc.)

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2005 #2
    or perhaps this should be moved to college level bacause it is an ap class?... if anyone thinks i should start a second thread let me know, though these seem fairly basic questions, and i have a basic understandinng of a few

4. Aug 3, 2005 #3

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You need to read a text, no one's going to be able to explain all of this online.

5. Aug 3, 2005 #4
    well any one answer would be helpfull, and i have read the text, and have found many answers, just not these... what else is a homework help type forum for other than answering questions

(in particular predictingn electron configuration/ and mabye polarity if you need to single a couple out)

6. Aug 3, 2005 #5
    keep in mind this is a few months worth of questions

7. Aug 3, 2005 #6

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you have a specific question I'm sure you'll get more replies

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook