Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory

1. Jan 11, 2005 #1

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

..From X. Chen, with dimensions 5 and 6 being timelike and constituting the hidden variables. http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0501034.

This is not a "TD" type of theory, and Chen has the theoretical chops to have been an arxiv contributer for years. I know there has been interest in multiple times here, and this is a pretty interesting example.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2005 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm suprised there haven't been any replys about this paper. I'd like to know what others think. Thanks for the link sA.

Regards

4. Jan 12, 2005 #3

JesseM

Science Advisor

You might try posting a thread about it on sci.physics.research, there'd probably be more people with the expertise to evaluate it there.

5. Jan 12, 2005 #4
    does that mean you can answer my question?

I have a copy of your paper, but could you explain it in simple terms, for someone like me, in terms of a cloud for example.

Regards

Terry Giblin

6. Jan 14, 2005 #5
    The string theory thread would also seem an appropriate place to post the original message.

7. Jan 14, 2005 #6

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Would you have to have strings in this case? If I understand it, there are only 3 spatial dimensions. And 3 time dimensions.

Regards

8. Jan 14, 2005 #7
    I just thought that because some Kaluza-Klein ideas and the idea of extra dimensions have been invoked within string theory, some people who look primarily at the string theory thread within this website might be able to comment on the original topic. Posting in the string area would just be a way of reaching a potential audience. That's all. I don't know if "hidden variables theory" requires strings.

9. Jan 14, 2005 #8

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I am going to post in the relativity forum. Reason: I have doubts about some of his derivations and I would like an expert on GR tech to look at it.

10. Jan 14, 2005 #9

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I look forward to following your thread. I'm no math whiz, but I'd like to learn if there is any merit to his ideas.

Thanks

Don

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?