Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A lack of temperance?

1. Nov 28, 2011 #1
    I've recently become aware that those around me don't exercise as much temperance as I do. I'm a University student, and though I understand that there are parties and things of that nature, some take it too far. Whether it is too much alcohol or sex, there are many examples of this sort of 'ill-temperance'. Would you guys care to share how people around express this sort of ill-temperance?

I'm curious as to how diverse the notion of temperance is in Western Society today.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2011 #2
    The problem is not new. Newton was always at odds with his classmates at Cambridge 300 years ago for the very same reasons. The phenomenon is tied to the average age of college students.

4. Nov 28, 2011 #3
    I don't know about alcohol but "to much sex" is a very improbable thing for most math, physics ,engineering students.:grumpy:

I mean "to little" is an understatement.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook